Looking for: Dark Smoke Bonnet Protector

Individuals may post anything, but it would be best to keep it related to automobiles.
avluis

Looking for a helpful mate down under to assist getting a hold of this item, or at least researching how much it would be to get it shipped to Clarksville, TN USA 37042.
This is the product page: Suzuki Kizashi - Dark Smoke Bonnet Protector

Essentially, we would negotiate an amount for your troubles, then I would transfer funds to acquire the item first, then once you send pictures of item on hand, I will send what is needed for shipping and your cut.

Anyone interested?
2011 Kizashi Sport GTS MT
I do all my installs. <-- Service Manual.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
murcod

Have you tried this place? https://www.suzukiautoparts.com/product ... 01498816c1

The postage cost from Australia will be ridiculous (like easily dearer than the bonnet protector!) I had to return some gauges to Amazon recently and it cost me AUS$75 to send back, yet Amazon charged US$16 to send them to me. The bonnet protector will be a long item and cost even more.

You can do some rough calculations yourself here: http://auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html
David
avluis

I think I have already messaged them and a few other places in the states and they all reply with the same: "This accessory has been discontinued by Suzuki".
So no hope so far other than importing.
Unless someone knows of someone with backstock, I believe this is most likely the better, even if more expensive, to get a hold of one.
Pulley, Springs, Shift Knob, Sway Bar, Brake Lines, Piggyback, LED lamps, Remote Start, Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors & Turn Signals.
murcod

This place was posted in that other thread: http://mptuner.com.au/index.php?route=p ... path=18_45

The freight was dirt cheap in comparison (using their calculator), but they only list clear. They might be able to get smoked if you contact them?
David
avluis

I contacted them as well, and in fact, I can find the dark one if I just clear some filters, here it is:
http://mptuner.com.au/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=129

Just waiting on a reply from them.
bkcheong

avluis wrote:I contacted them as well, and in fact, I can find the dark one if I just clear some filters, here it is:
http://mptuner.com.au/index.php?route=p ... uct_id=129

Just waiting on a reply from them.
If you have no success with them and you're still looking for one, I have a spare one. The only problem is, it is just slightly warped at the middle ( don't know how it happened, but I noticed it after I've picked up the car from a service from the dealer; otherwise, it is perfect condition with all fixings included). Fortunately, the dealer accepted the fault was caused by them and they've replaced it for a new one. So now I have this spare one. If you're interested, I'll post photos of it. I'd be happy to accept half the retail price for it (AUD currency) but you'd need to bear all freight costs.
avluis

That is something I can definitely do (and most likely fix myself as well). When you say retail price, what are we referencing? I did not get the chance to see it for sale from Suzuki before it was discontinued, so I have no idea what the retail price was.

Looking forward to some pictures when you get the chance.
bkcheong

avluis wrote:That is something I can definitely do (and most likely fix myself as well). When you say retail price, what are we referencing? I did not get the chance to see it for sale from Suzuki before it was discontinued, so I have no idea what the retail price was.

Looking forward to some pictures when you get the chance.
I'm going by the Australian recommended retail price (with GST) of $92. I have no idea what the shipping cost would be to your destination. Here are some photos. As mentioned, there is a slight warp (where indicated) at the middle of it.
Attachments
kiz5.jpg
kiz5.jpg (159.56 KiB) Viewed 7362 times
kiz4.JPG
kiz4.JPG (178.78 KiB) Viewed 7362 times
kiz3.JPG
kiz3.JPG (151.38 KiB) Viewed 7362 times
kiz2.JPG
kiz2.JPG (167.48 KiB) Viewed 7362 times
kiz1.JPG
kiz1.JPG (158.11 KiB) Viewed 7362 times
SamirD

Looks like the dealership snagged it on something like maybe an automatic car wash. A heat gun or hair dryer should be able to flex it back to normal quite easily. 8-)
avluis

SamirD wrote:Looks like the dealership snagged it on something like maybe an automatic car wash. A heat gun or hair dryer should be able to flex it back to normal quite easily. 8-)
Yep, that is what I was planning on doing to fix it if it bothered me (if I went ahead with the deal).
---
@bkcheong
I've been looking about (while I can, been very busy lately) but about to give up there so expect to hear from me in regards to purchase and freight costs. I really want one of these on my ride and I will go the extra mile to get it.