WTB- OEM brake rotors

Individuals may post anything, but it would be best to keep it related to automobiles.
ehart814

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:....and right back to those slotted rotors and proprietary pads from SP Performance.

I believe I did the research (and road testing :drive: ) for you.
I bet they are nice and Made in USA but just a pair of slotted front rotors from them costs $220. I got slotted rotors and performance brake pads for the front for the same amount.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
ehart814

KuroNekko wrote:
WESHOOT2 wrote:....and right back to those slotted rotors and proprietary pads from SP Performance.

I believe I did the research (and road testing :drive: ) for you.
I bet they are nice and Made in USA but just a pair of slotted front rotors from them costs $220. I got slotted rotors and performance brake pads for the front for the same amount.
I was just looking at that! The bigger issue however is the warranty, or lack thereof. 30 days, and it doesn't cover shipping.... And you have to ship them back to the manufacturer for inspection before they will replace the rotors. So your car is torn apart through all that... No thanks

I called R1 concepts and I think I'm going with their products. One year warranty on the rotors and all you need is a note from a "mechanic" that confirms they are warped. Then they just ship you a new set. And you just toss out the old ones.

They seem to have very good customer service. I asked a lot of questions and the rep was very knowledgeable.

Their premium slotted rotors with ceramic pads (supposedly OE equivalent) front and rear shipped to my door for $318.00.

The Google reviews for the company are excellent.

I'm probably going to pull the trigger on it...

ehart814

Ordered the brakes. Interestingly, the rotors are machined to order so it takes a few days for them to ship. I wonder if that extra time is just how long it takes the boat to get to Cali.... Oh well. They are supposed to be top quality so I'll post pics when I get them and feedback after I use them.

I mentioned already, but it bears repeating - EXCELLENT customer service at R1.

ehart814

I received the brakes about a week ago but haven't had a chance to install. The rotors look very nice. I'll post pics when I get them put on. By appearances, the quality of the rotors appear to be very good.

KuroNekko

ehart814 wrote:I received the brakes about a week ago but haven't had a chance to install. The rotors look very nice. I'll post pics when I get them put on. By appearances, the quality of the rotors appear to be very good.

Cool. Coincidentally, I ordered new brake pads and rotors a little while back too because mine are warped.
I got StopTech Sport slotted rotors for all 4 corners and PowerStop Z23 Evolution Sport brake pads.
Now I just need to find time to install them.
ehart814

KuroNekko wrote:
ehart814 wrote:I received the brakes about a week ago but haven't had a chance to install. The rotors look very nice. I'll post pics when I get them put on. By appearances, the quality of the rotors appear to be very good.

Cool. Coincidentally, I ordered new brake pads and rotors a little while back too because mine are warped.
I got StopTech Sport slotted rotors for all 4 corners and PowerStop Z23 Evolution Sport brake pads.
Now I just need to find time to install them.
How much if you don't mind me asking?

KuroNekko

ehart814 wrote:
How much if you don't mind me asking?
It was around $414 shipped for 4 slotted rotors and brake pads for all four wheels. I got the same rotors and brake pads all around.
Got them on rockauto.com.
ehart814

Ahhh yes I did look at those on rockauto. Hope they work well.