Driver seat noise

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ipaqxman

Recently brought car to shop to change out 4 tires due to a bent wheel and tire bubble. Since then I have noticed a new frequent squeak from the driver seat, which has been driving me crazy. No idea what the shop did if anything. Appears to come from the door side of the chair. Also notice more "give" when shaking the chair manually when compare with the passenger seat, but not sure if this is new or lot. I suspect has something to do with the hinge between the backseat and the bottom part. Pretty much at a loss of how to correct this seemingly trivial yet mentally draining problem. Power seat function still functions fine.
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
Speed_Racer

Was the technician...ahem...large in stature?

Is the whole seat shaking (perhaps check the bolts where it's mounted to the floor) or just the seatback?
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
SamirD

I'd get down to eye level with the side of the seat with the controls and then move the controls and listen for the squeak.

On our passenger side, the plastic cover on the side of the seat was ripped off it's mounts by something prior to us buying the car. I can't exactly remember how I found this, but something like this rubbing in the wrong place can make a squeak.

Good luck on finding it, and post back here when you figure it out!
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:I'd get down to eye level with the side of the seat with the controls and then move the controls and listen for the squeak.

On our passenger side, the plastic cover on the side of the seat was ripped off it's mounts by something prior to us buying the car. I can't exactly remember how I found this, but something like this rubbing in the wrong place can make a squeak.

My passenger side plastic cover was damaged as well but it did not squeak. That cover is easily damaged because the shape of it comes to a point towards the front so it can get snagged on clothing or bags. On the underside of the cover, there is a plastic clip that goes over a metal part on the seat frame. However, this clip can be easily damaged if the cover gets snagged and this causes the cover to be improperly attached.
I actually removed the damaged cover completely and stapled (since the clip was torn) and glued the clip in place and then reattached it to the seat frame. It has not presented a problem since.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:I'd get down to eye level with the side of the seat with the controls and then move the controls and listen for the squeak.

My passenger side plastic cover was damaged as well but it did not squeak. That cover is easily damaged because the shape of it comes to a point towards the front so it can get snagged on clothing or bags. On the underside of the cover, there is a plastic clip that goes over a metal part on the seat frame. However, this clip can be easily damaged if the cover gets snagged and this causes the cover to be improperly attached.
I actually removed the damaged cover completely and stapled (since the clip was torn) and glued the clip in place and then reattached it to the seat frame. It has not presented a problem since.
Interesting that yours was also damaged. I found that ours wasn't too bent out of shape and I was able to get it aligned back with the groove and the clip was still in place so I was able to attach it again. I don't think anything has snagged it since, but now that I'm thinking about it I want to go to the car and check. :?