Kizzy got issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
amarlondis

On February of this year 2014, I bought a 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS black on black. It had about 74,000-76,000 mile at the time I bought it. Now its 89,195 miles because I travel alot. Now I heard a rattling by the right rear, just to find out that I need rear shocks. What is my main concern is that when I'm accelerating about 0-60 mph the car was stuttering when pressing the gas pedal (intermittently), as if its struggling. If I'm at a steady 40-50 mph it would do the same. I've checked the my oil, antifreeze(coolant), and transmission fluid and they're all looking good so far, and also did an oil change and change the spark plugs a few months back. Does anyone have this issue?, because when I did my research, it seems like the CVT transmission is a big issue and if so is the case I may have to get rid of it..
bdleonard

You've still got 10k miles of factory power train warranty (assuming you are in the US, not sure what the warranty coverage is like elsewhere). So, if it is a dying CVT you should be able to get it repaired/replaced.

Personally, I would probably start with a CVT fluid drain and refill (along with the transfer case and differential oil if you have an AWD model) and reassess the situation from there. However, you may want to start with having your local dealer check the condition of the CVT.
amarlondis

Yes I'm in the US, and I have a 100, 000 miles warranty. I'll check with the dealership and I'll post updates about the situation.
murcod

I'm guessing you've found the thread regarding the updated rear shock absorber bump stops? You'll want them fitted with the new shocks. ;)
David
LPSISRL

Sure your sluggishness is not engine related? Try dumping a can of Sea Foam in with a full tank of gas. You might have a dirty fuel system.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
amarlondis

This is the update, I took the car to the dealership and they inspect the car and said that everything is OK, but the spark plugs may be the problem. He took out a spark plug and showed me that the tip of it was discolored. He check the spec on the car just to find out that the spark plug which was in is a Bosch Double Platinum(which I installed) is the wrong type. He recommend NGK Iridium IX which is design for the car. I call a friend of mine who works at a Honda dealership, and also at the auto parts store and they said that these newer cars have to get the recommended parts for it to work efficiently( better fuel economy, and longer life to the engine). The mechanic at the dealership was charging $150 for parts and labor for 1 hour, so I took the car home, bought the spark plugs and 2 lubes for it for $39.94 and installed them myself. Now the car is running smoother and I notice the gas mileage it better.
bootymac

Glad you fixed the problem. Did you gap the Bosch plugs?
KuroNekko

Oh, I now see that you were close to 90,000 miles on the car and that's why you changed the plugs from the original ones.
I didn't catch that in the other Spark Plugs thread.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
amarlondis

I was check online about the rear shock issues and I see where everyone is talking about the tsb and warranties. I've search all over regards to the matter and no luck. Is there a way to find the tsb about the rear struts?
KuroNekko

amarlondis wrote:I was check online about the rear shock issues and I see where everyone is talking about the tsb and warranties. I've search all over regards to the matter and no luck. Is there a way to find the tsb about the rear struts?
The TSB is found here. It's the last of the 3 PDF files in the first post.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=2634

A lot of info on the rear shock issue and replacement (including my own experience) is detailed in this thread:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =13&t=2714

I'll make this thread a sticky given it's the most discussed thread on this rather common issue with the Kizashi.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)