Blower motor not working

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kizzy1

The blower motor suddenly gave up the ghost on the way home today. I've done a little quick research and determined that it's probably the blower motor resistor (but could be the blower motor itself?). I only have a couple of options here and am willing to do a little work to do it myself (limited skills here but can usually get something installed if I have decent instructions). I see that a replacement resistor is $150?...are they crazy? My other option is to order a used blower motor from Ebay (there's one available for $28...question is does it include the resistor?...would have to ask the seller).

If I decide to install (or remove to replace only the resistor provided that's the problem) this how difficult is it to access/remove? I've replaced blower motor resistors on a couple of cars and didn't find them too difficult to access...hoping someone can advise on this one as I need to take this car on a trip in about 10 days.
LPSISRL

Could be the blower motor relay or the blower motor controller. Looks to me like the controller may be behind the duct coming off the blower motor.

BLOWER MOTOR CONTROLLER INSPECTION
1. Remove blower motor controller (2) from HVAC unit (1).
2. Connect bulb (12 V/5 W) (4) between battery positive terminal and terminal "3", and connect battery
negative terminal to terminal "1".
3. Check for bulb turns on, when connecting dry cell (5) between terminal "2" and battery negative terminal
as follows.
If check result is not satisfactory, replace blower motor controller.
NOTE: Make sure that the total voltage of dry cell is more than 4.5 V.

2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
kizzy1

I installed the new resistor yesterday(part arrived in only 3 days) which was the problem. The resistor is indeed located on the firewall behind the floor vent duct on the passenger side (need to remove the duct to access the 2 screws). The blower is working again. I got the part for a better price from www.4x4worksstore.com which is located in Texas. They have access to Kizashi parts and saved me about $15 plus were great to deal with. I'd recommend them and plan to use them again.
kizzy1

Sorry guys...that was the wrong link for the place I referenced for parts...the correct link is 4x4works.com
Fritz2

How did you make the connection between that store and Kizashi parts?
kizzy1

I was just scouring the internet for part sources and stumbled on it...the guy I spoke to said they could obtain any part for the car.

Now the bad news...the resistor blew again...lasted less than a day. I did notice that when I had it working when I first replaced it the fan was "surging" a little...and didn't seem to put out as much air on the highest setting. Yesterday while driving it I noticed it was no longer working. I guess I should have replaced the blower motor at the same time? At this point I have a couple of options:

1. Order ANOTHER resistor and a blower motor, install both (if the blower motor is indeed shot and is producing higher voltages causing the surging/blowing resistor problems that should take care of it).

2. Take it to a dealership (I was planning on taking it in for the shifter/spider web recalls I've received recalls for) and have it properly diagnosed...in case it's something other than the blower motor (I don't know what that could be but it would be beyond my skills to diagnose). Problem is the dealership I planned to visit is 450 miles from here (planned to take it there when I make a trip into the area in mid-August). I'm familiar with them as they're in the city I used to live...nearest "unknown" dealer is 210 miles from here...and I have never been there...would be making a special trip to the closer dealer).

I checked the fuse...it's good and I can hear the compressor come on when I activate the a/c. I'm inclined to try replacing the blower motor and install another resistor before I go the dealership route.
Ct03

So what was the outcome of replacing both?
Triggerhappy

Fritz2 wrote:How did you make the connection between that store and Kizashi parts?
That store used to belong to Suzuki of McKinney. They still service Suzukis there.

I'm having a problem with my blower motor too. Makes a whine noise when the car is stopped. It only make the noise when the fan is spinning and it's intermittent.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
Triggerhappy

Fixed it by replacing the blower motor for $110 at monsterfactoryparts.com. Easy diy using one of the service guides someone posted. A short screwdriver is all that is needed.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
delusional29

Any links to the part numbers for:

A) Blower motor
B) Relay

Also a link to install video would be helpful as well.
[Edit: Found a link to the Blower Motor installation on Youtube]

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk