After market GPS brand

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dmitche

I have a 2011 Kizashi SE. It has a stock radio in it and have been thinking to get a off market GPS screen with navigation and bluetooth as well. Question is: has anyone done this before where they switched out the stock radio for a screen radio with GPS & navi? And if so, which brand is highly recommended to work really and have high quality for the Kizashis?
smsmart

I don't think there really is anything that is highly recommended specific to the Kizashi, just depends on how much you want to spend and what features you want, and which brand you trust. Do you have the Rockford Fosgate system or the basic system? If you have the Rockford Fosgate system, it won't really matter which unit you get, none of them will sound as good as the Rockford headunit (mostly the bass being the problem) because of the difference in wiring. There are a couple of threads about the problem in the forum about this. I personally have the Kenwood navi option on my SLS (which included the Rockford speakers and amp), and the sound definitely didn't "wow" me, but I've gotten used to how the system sounds now and it honestly doesn't sound too bad and I don't have a reason to complain anymore. But the Rockford unit probably would've sounded better.
dmitche

I have the basic system. Thing is, I probably need to take off the radio cover and see what all connections i have behind the radio cover.
Triggerhappy

Do you have Apple or Android? If so, get one that has Apple Carplay or Android auto built in. You can use the GPS from your phone so that will save some money. Read reviews at crutchfield.com and see which unit will fit.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's