Whinning Noise - CVT?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
FrankoLaMoya

I have been experiencing the same whining at about 3500-4000 rpm after I remove my feet from the pedal after an acceleration... since I had it. I changed the transmission fluid (CVT) at 50 000 km (Canadian). The mechanic said ''it is not normal'', but never been able to pin point the issue. I am currently at 63 000 km and it is still doing the same whining sound without causing any issues... If I just cruise I usually do not hear it, but when I press the gas pedal a little harder and release it.. whining time. lol I don't think you need to worry too much about it. It is annoying, but not necessarily an issue (so far anyway).
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
kizashimatik

Hello,
My name is Mario and I'm from Germany and I'm in German Kizashi Forum represented.
I drive a Suzuki Kizashi 4x4 CVT and showed exactly the same problems as in the videos.
Have now gone 90 000 km offering since 7000 km is the sound there.
What can you do about it?
Did any information for me?
Thank you so much
Mario
johnnie b

here we go .This is my first post .I have a 2012 Kizashi GTS have 80000 when the power train is hot it starts to whine on exceleration.in addition i have lost power the car will not go over 2500rpm and does not shift.I have stopped and turned off car and let cool.It will act normal but once it gets hot the same issue.This does not occur all the time but has become more frequent.Has anyone had this issue and is there a dealership that knows how to deal with it?
kizashimatik

Hello,
I have the noise constantly since 12,000 km.
As soon as he is warm the noise comes with 3000 min1.
Nobody knows what it should be.
LPSISRL

If a tech has said that it's not normal, then you should have it checked at a Suzuki service center and have them open a ticket with Suzuki.

I had a noise in my 2011 SLS FWD (76K miles) that I had for a long time and progressively got louder but over 20K miles. I actually drove some used ones just to verify that it was not normal. It wasn't really a whine, but more a groan the changed pitch with the speed of the car. It only was exhibited when coasting or light acceleration up. Went away if I shifted into neutral. The tech drove the car and said it was definitely not normal. The service center here opened a ticket with Suzuki and a week later I was driving with a new transmission and no noise. Cost to me? $0 and a free loaner while the work was being done.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
kizashimatik

But what is the problem with the transmission?
Where does the sound from the transmission?
Mario
LPSISRL

If the sound is actually in the transmission and not some other part of the drive train, that's all they need to know. There are no serviceable parts in the transmission other than to drop the pan and change the fluid and filter. There are no adjustments or parts that they can replace as far as I know. It's a swap with a new transmission. If you're dealing with a non-Suzuki service center and the vehicle is still under warranty, get it to an authorized service center and have them deal with it.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Mike_

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I figured this would be the best place to ask.

I recently bought a 2013 Kizashi with 58K miles. Runs and drives great, but I've noticed a slight whine after the car warms up for awhile (around 30+ minutes into a drive). It seems to be RPM dependent, and it occurs in any gear (park, reverse, drive, neutral).

It sounds like the "CVT whine," albeit a bit quieter, but since it also occurs in neutral, I'm not sure. Any ideas?
DiggerDerrik

Mike_ wrote:It sounds like the "CVT whine," albeit a bit quieter, but since it also occurs in neutral, I'm not sure. Any ideas?
I have a 2010 with 123K and it does the same thing. Check the transmission fluid. Change if it’s bad. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about. Ive dropped the pan on mine twice and changed the screen. I’ve also replaced the satellite filter and flushed the whole transmission once.

When you say it does it in neutral that sounds like more of an engine noise. However I am not a mechanic and I don’t know how the CVT works in neutral. But I would assume the drive belt is disengaged. So the CVT whine shouldn’t be present.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Ronzuki

The whine is most likely the hydro pump. The whine changes with temp increase because the fluid it's pumping has changed. AFAIK, the pump pumps fluid in neutral as long as engine is running.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)