CEL P905A

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
KizashiWashi

Hello All, currently I am having an issue with my 2012 Kizashi SE. About a month ago, I had to get a new key fob programmed to my car. While doing it the locksmith unplugged my battery from the car for about 4 hours to reset the system he said. Once he did he successfully started the car with the new key and left. Upon me starting it I was having engine issues with the RPM dropping to 400 upon starting, sometimes going so low as to stall. Note that the car would not go so low as to stall once it had started successfully but would drop low to start shuddering before going back up and then down again. usually from about 700 - down to 400 then back up. quite constantly while idle, but never while driving.

I read here on this forum that sometimes with this car you should let the computer re-learn the idle rpm range and give it a few days, which i did. This did not work for me and I got CEL P905A which upon more research on here i saw that it is not a code that Kizashi's can actually get. I did read the recommendations in those forums on and ordered a new gasket for my Throttle body, it came about 3 weeks later and i installed it, while doing so I also cleaned the Throttle body with some cleaner and a tooth brush, rag. I reset the error code, and I had no more engine issues. My RPM is back in the 700 range constantly and no shuttering in any sort. The engine code stayed off for about 2 days. It is now back with the same code, but I do not have any of the noticeable issues. I am at a loss for what I should do next to try and get this check engine light gone for good.

I have also just changed my oil, and my air filter. My car has about 133k miles on it. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! I hate having this light on and want to make sure that there is not an issue that I am not noticing.
old tech

I think you’re getting your codes mixed up slightly. After the battery was disconnected for a while, the car usually idles extremely low if at all with a car that hasn’t had a throttle body cleaning in a while. To cure this, a good throttlebody cleaning is all that’s needed. This usually triggers, a code of P05a. The code you are stating that your car has now doesn’t make any sense. I think you mean P0905. This code is having to do with transmission and shifter. I think the shifter was manhandled when keys couldn’t be produced. I’m guessing here , not enough solid info to go on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KizashiWashi

Thank you for the reply. So I did clean the throttle body and the idle went back to normal but it still gave me a CEL which I got printed out and it is the picture attached. It says the fixes for this are the throttle body and the gasket for it which I cleaned and replaced. If you need some extra information I’ll gladly try and get it for you.
Attachments
IMG_1360.jpeg
old tech

So, is this the current code you are getting? Try erasing again. If it comes back you may have to recheck that your gasket is fitted properly. Was the 9 a typo?
KizashiWashi

The 9 was indeed just be misreading maybe the P? Im not sure how i messed that up. I will recheck and maybe give the Throttle Body another quick cleaning and report back. I appreciate it.