iPod/USB input Issues

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
D3lusion

I think it's more to do with the brand of the USB flash drive to be honest.

I got a 16gb flash drive in my Sports AWD and it recognises and play my music fine.
Wonson92

Mine got a lot worse this weekend, fails about 10 times before playing. Im hoping my stereo will get replaced under warranty as its now with every ipod. I found this a while ago:

http://www.truedelta.com/Suzuki-Kizashi ... s-967/2010

A few interesting notes, a couple of entries regarding error 2 and usb issues.
2011 Premium Silver XL

Learn. Do. Break. Fix. Explore. Save. Repeat
matt_gold99

D3lusion wrote:I think it's more to do with the brand of the USB flash drive to be honest.

I got a 16gb flash drive in my Sports AWD and it recognises and play my music fine.

Oh man. Really?!?! Getting weirder and weirder.

What year is yours? Mine is 2011, and I am referring to the 2010 users manual.
I wonder if they upgraded the USB size limit for more recent cars (4 gig is now pretty small) or, as you suggest, it's about the brand or quality of USB. The one I was trying was pretty cheap.

At this point, I have a 4th generation nano working fine, but I still want to use a USB stick. I don't want to commit my nano to a permanent home in the Suzuki.

krellmk, is the stick you're trying have a metal housing around the plug part, the part that gets actually inserter? the one I'm trying is only the plastic interior slab thing with the metal contacts on it. Again, very cheap.

Also, does anybody know how to replace the USB port on a Kizashi?
krellmk

Tried both plastic and metal around the plug part .. tried Scan disk and HP
matt_gold99

Found a USB stick lying around the office that works. Works fine, not problems. 4 Gigs.

Attaching picture. Make of it what you will, this is the truth, no word of a lie.
Attachments
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (135.15 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
murcod

matt_gold99 wrote:
Also, does anybody know how to replace the USB port on a Kizashi?
I can probably help out- what exactly do you need to know?

Regarding the USB sticks, I've used a miniature Verbatim 8GB in mine with the Kenwood Nav unit. I haven't had any problems and have had to "custom modify" the factory USB plug's lead to interface it with the Kenwood unit. The modified section isn't completely shielded but it doesn't seem to cause any problems.

It might be more to do with the (Panasonic made) standard head unit?
David
matt_gold99

"Regarding the USB sticks, I've used a miniature Verbatim 8GB in mine with the Kenwood Nav unit."

If you don't mind my asking, is it this on you use, the store'n'go version as seen here?

http://www.verbatim.com/subcat/usb-driv ... /products/

Just trying to get a handle on which sticks will work for sure, and which won't.

As for the USB port, mine is a bit flimsy. I bought the car pre-owned and the USB has seen a lot of action. USB plugs don't exactly juggle around, but they are very loose, and I feel like I might want to replace the port itself in the next few years. Is it difficult? What would i need?
murcod

That's the one.

Regarding the USB port you'd really need to buy the whole cable assembly from Suzuki as it's a custom four pin plug on the other end and a one piece cable. Be careful as the USB port plug will pop out and drop under the centre console if you push too hard (and is a pain to refit.)
David
IshaanIan

I know this might sound stupid :P but is there any way I can have the usb port replaced to support my zune hd too? The sound quality is slightly better compared to the iPod so I'm kinda bummed out that I can't use it on this :/
D3lusion

matt_gold99 wrote:
D3lusion wrote:I think it's more to do with the brand of the USB flash drive to be honest.

Oh man. Really?!?! Getting weirder and weirder.

What year is yours? Mine is 2011, and I am referring to the 2010 users manual.
I wonder if they upgraded the USB size limit for more recent cars (4 gig is now pretty small) or, as you suggest, it's about the brand or quality of USB. The one I was trying was pretty cheap.

I got a 2012 model with the RF system.

My sister also go a 2012 Suzuki Swift RE2 and it plays music fine via 16gb USB stick as well.