Parking Sensors

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ronwat1942

Hi,I live in Australia and own a 2011 standard XL model and my wife wants me to install revers parking sensors,could someone give me some instructions on how to install them.
murcod

If you buy the kit from Suzuki it should come with detailed instructions.

Another option (depending on how much you want to spend) would be installing a double DIN head unit with reversing camera.
David
ronwat1942

Not keen on camera i feel they don't give you a true indication on the distance where the sensor is more accurate, i was thinking more about after-market but i am not sure how to remove the rear bumper,maybe i should take it in and get someone to do it.
murcod

I've never had parking sensors, but would always be worried about them missing something thin (eg, metal star picket). I've got no idea how accurate they are for distance? You might be able to fit them without removing the bar, but you'd need to drill holes and have the sensors painted to match.

It can be difficult to judge distance with the cameras, but I've found mine very good for assisting when parking. There's a plastic blanking plate above the rear number plate that is where the factory camera goes- that can be used to mount an aftermarket one.
David
luki_mkk

Hello All,

I have front and rear parking sensors. the rear one is working when I am in reverse, after I am in neutral its not beeping. So its ok. But the front one is beeping all the time when is something in front of me even my gear is on neutral. For example imagine youre stuck in traffic jam and there is always a car in front of you and its beeping all the time. I thought that I will just switch off the front sensors with the button on the left side and everithing will be ok. But with this button i turn off all sensors front and rear either.

My question is, should not the sensor button turn of only the front sensors? If not is there any solution to do it so? Because the way it works which I described it is making no sense to me at all as I can switch of the rear sensors through the main manu on the dash board.

Hope i described it clearly a thank you in advance for any feedback.
Engineer60

That's the normal operation for the front sensors, I would suggest you leave a bigger gap to the car in front :D
“If you see a gap and don't go for it, you are no longer a racing driver”