Whinning Noise - CVT?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bizzenn

I asked if the drained and refilled the fluid and they said they did. It's only when the trans is hot , same as the last. I'm pretty much over it. I'll drive it through the winter months and trade next summer.
KuroNekko

Bizzenn wrote:I asked if the drained and refilled the fluid and they said they did. It's only when the trans is hot , same as the last. I'm pretty much over it. I'll drive it through the winter months and trade next summer.
I don't blame you. The CVT situation sounds like a nightmare. I have this feeling that JATCO simply does not really have a fix other than replacing the transmission on a need basis. From what I've read on this and other sites on these JATCO CVTs, it sounds like it's due to design flaws that cannot be easily remedied. I've read numerous posts by Nissan dealership mechanics on other sites who state that they replace CVTs all day everyday due to JATCO's faulty designs.
Meanwhile, CVTs from other brands like Subaru and Honda remain reliable.

It's sad that the Kizashi suffers from these JATCO CVT woes, especially since there is minimal brand support for North Americans.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Bizzenn

Well, I will say this. While it whines when it gets hot, it takes alot longer to get to that point and it cools down much quicker. The cars I am looking at won't be available for at least another year or they are preowned and not abundent in the market. I figure its under warranty and other than the cvt I love the car. I don't want to downgrade to some econobox until then.
KuroNekko

Given that many folks say that they think this CVT issue is heat-related, I was wondering if any members have looked into a better trans cooler.
I know RRM carries one made by Progress Technology. Not sure if it's much larger than the stock cooler, but if I owned a CVT, I'd probably do some research and see if this sort of aftermarket cooler could possibly alleviate the issue.

http://roadracemotorsports.com/store/in ... cts_id=697
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
coref1

Given that many folks say that they think this CVT issue is heat-related, I was wondering if any members have looked into a better trans cooler.
If Suzuki are willing to pay for it I'd consider it however I don't think it's our responsibility as owners to fix Suzuki's defective product. If I wanted to modify it so it goes faster or looks better fair enough I pay for it but not when the car is defective because of a manufacturing fault. :drive:
bootymac

My concern is that if the CVT still shits the bed, then Suzuki will definitely pin the blame on the aftermarket cooler
Bizzenn

Hell, it's no even suzukis tranny, it's Nissans. They should have upgraded mine to a better unit or at least a modified one just to see what would happen.
Bizzenn

So here is a vid of the brand new trans when it gets to warm.
murcod

:( Have you let Suzuki know it's doing it again?
David
bootymac

Bizzenn wrote:

So here is a vid of the brand new trans when it gets to warm.
:(