Whinning Noise - CVT?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Ronzuki

Bizzenn wrote:Honestly, I don't think the dealers know anymore than we do about these trannys as they don't repair them, they just replace. We shall see.
....ABSOLUTELY AGREE!
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Bizzenn

so I checked the tranny fluid level today and it's way above the H. I'm guessing that could be the issue based on what I've read
murcod

Is it like an auto trans and you need to drive it to thoroughly warm the trans, then check the level with the engine running?
David
ProMarinero

I just took my 2012 SLS in for this and a blown rear strut. I did a quick drive with the tech and he heard the noise. I got it to do it when shifting between second an third in manual and he got it to do it when flooring it in auto and then cutting throttle. When I picked it up the service writer told me the Suzuki technical rep said it was normal. I asked, since it has been getting progressively more noticeable, at what point is it abnormal since it didn't make the noise when I bought it. She recommended I do another drive with the other tech next time as he's the top kizashi guy at the dealership, I'll let everyone know in a cople weeks.
Bizzenn

I'm at the deer now and the suzuki guy is not here. Let me know what they say so I can relay it. And yes, you have to warm the car before checking levels.
Bizzenn

Update: the tech took some fluid out as it was over. Still does it but it seems quieter. They want the suzuki rep to drive it to see what's up. Also, the rep is supposed to have the bunk per fixed under that TSB involving the paint.
Bizzenn

Update: Suzuki rep drove the car but said all was normal. If it starts whining louder or all the time then they would replace it. To me it seems like it has to do with heat. These trannys hate heat.
murcod

Have they got a trans fluid cooler fitted standard?
David
Bizzenn

From what I've read on this site, they have 2 coolers.
Bizzenn

Well, Ive been to the dealer twice and th suzuki rep says all is well. Ive searched you tube videos and there comments. I've come to the conclusion that the combination of heat and fluid needing to be changed causes the whining sound. It was 58 degrees on the way to work this morning and I barely heard anything. If I get the fluid changed it should fix the issue. I am at almost 32,000 miles now.