Finally, the dreaded creak from the rear has gone!

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
phaeton1

As a direct result of you kind people posting the USA TSB relating to the creaking rear shock absorber bump stops, I was finally able to convince my UK dealer, with support from Suzuki UK, to change my rear shocks under warranty.

Absolute bliss now......... whisper quite after months of gritting my teeth over every bump and ridge in the road.

Thanks again for the TSB post....much appreaciated over the pond.
KuroNekko

The TSB posting was very helpful. I too had the shocks fail and the TSB helped get it resolved under warranty.
I do want to warn everyone here that we are all susceptible to the issue given it's very likely that all Kizashis everywhere have the defective part, especially if they were made before model year 2013.
If you live in a region with humid/wet conditions, you are at risk. I'm not surprised to hear someone from the UK having the issue much like I did in Maryland, USA.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Sucks that the shocks have to fail before you qualify for the TSB. I'm in a very wet climate so I'm just waiting for them to go :/
SamirD

bootymac wrote:Sucks that the shocks have to fail before you qualify for the TSB. I'm in a very wet climate so I'm just waiting for them to go :/
Replacing the boots if you want to do them yourself isn't that hard, and the parts are pretty cheap.

The main thing you'll need that I saw them using at the dealership is a way to brace the lower control arm as the spring wants to push it away from the body.
BTkizashi

I have this creaking noise only when reversing ? And every so often when 3 rear seat passenger are getting into car.
Is this the same issue? My car has only done 1000 miles from new.

Cheers BT
KuroNekko

BTkizashi wrote:I have this creaking noise only when reversing ? And every so often when 3 rear seat passenger are getting into car.
Is this the same issue? My car has only done 1000 miles from new.

Cheers BT
Probably not. However, you may want to see if your car even has the new bump stopper design. Go look at my photos versus Murcods in the thread below. If you have the grooves, then you have the new design. If not, you have the old.
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 4&start=90
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SteveYoung

I got new rear shocks on my UK Kizashi yesterday too. I showed the dealer the TSB and they did it as a warranty job. The left side had got a bit thumpy, versus the right side which was quiet.

Either that or I had something loose in the boot.....