Headlight

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ipaqxman

Ive noticed my driver headlight to be foggier? Or less clear with a light white hue when compare with the passenger side. Persists when its hot and sunny out, without recent rain. Is this still considered condensation? Anyone encountered this?
2011 Kizash SLS AWD
KuroNekko

Take a photo. If it's condensation, it will be like mist inside the headlight. It will evaporate. Hazing is more permanent and is caused by UV damage. That's on the outside of the headlight.

If it's condensation, I suggest checking the bulb dust caps and making sure they are sealed properly.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:If it's condensation, I suggest checking the bulb dust caps and making sure they are sealed properly.
It's interesting that you mention this since you've had a lot of experience with the covers. Did you experience any condensation from the HID/LED kits because of the covers?
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:If it's condensation, I suggest checking the bulb dust caps and making sure they are sealed properly.
It's interesting that you mention this since you've had a lot of experience with the covers. Did you experience any condensation from the HID/LED kits because of the covers?
No, I've had no issues at all with condensation in the headlights or tail lights. However, I make sure the dust cap is sealed. I also have drilled holes in both the low beam and high beam dust covers, but the holes are closed well with rubber grommets around the wires. When I had my LED kit installed in the high beam and ran the capacitor harness out, I drilled two holes in each high beam cap. When I removed the kit, I bought rubber caps and used them to fill the holes. This way, they maintain dust and water resistance.

I will upload a picture later.

If you have condensation in your headlight, use your headlight bulbs so the heat works to evaporate the condensation.
KuroNekko

So this is what it looked like when I grounded my capacitor harnesses. I ran the LED driver and the entire capacitor harness outside the headlight. To do that, I had to drill the high beam dust cap, install rubber grommets, and run the wires out.
010.JPG
010.JPG (338.91 KiB) Viewed 4187 times

Now that I removed the entire kit, I bought rubber caps to fill the drilled holes to seal them up. I've had no issues with condensation inside the headlight and I live in a humid area and it has rained quite a bit since.
013.JPG
013.JPG (344.81 KiB) Viewed 4187 times
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:So this is what it looked like when I grounded my capacitor harnesses. I ran the LED driver and the entire capacitor harness outside the headlight. To do that, I had to drill the high beam dust cap, install rubber grommets, and run the wires out.
010.JPG

Now that I removed the entire kit, I bought rubber caps to fill the drilled holes to seal them up. I've had no issues with condensation inside the headlight and I live in a humid area and it has rained quite a bit since.
013.JPG
Nice. 8-) I was wondering what you were going to do with the holes. I would have just bought replacement caps from the dealership. :oops:
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:Nice. 8-) I was wondering what you were going to do with the holes. I would have just bought replacement caps from the dealership. :oops:
That would have been a pain and required a special order. However, finding the rubber caps was much harder than I expected. Home Depot, HFT, and local hardware stores did not have them. I ended up having to order a set of grommets and caps on ebay. However, these are perfect and high quality.
They even included caps that were 7/8 inch so if I ever needed to seal my low beam dust covers (they have the HID wires through it via a grommet), I could do it.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:
SamirD wrote:Nice. 8-) I was wondering what you were going to do with the holes. I would have just bought replacement caps from the dealership. :oops:
That would have been a pain and required a special order. However, finding the rubber caps was much harder than I expected. Home Depot, HFT, and local hardware stores did not have them. I ended up having to order a set of grommets and caps on ebay. However, these are perfect and high quality.
They even included caps that were 7/8 inch so if I ever needed to seal my low beam dust covers (they have the HID wires through it via a grommet), I could do it.
Wow, for all that trouble, I would have found out the part numbers and just ordered the original caps online. I thought you just went into Home Depot and found these! :shock:
KuroNekko

SamirD wrote:
KuroNekko wrote:
Wow, for all that trouble, I would have found out the part numbers and just ordered the original caps online. I thought you just went into Home Depot and found these! :shock:
Not sure where I'd find just the covers and pay a reasonable price for them. Most online retailers for parts like these are rip-offs. I also wanted grommets and caps for future use in projects like these. I was very specific on what I wanted so ebay was the way to go. Now I got a 125 piece set.
SamirD

KuroNekko wrote:Not sure where I'd find just the covers and pay a reasonable price for them. Most online retailers for parts like these are rip-offs. I also wanted grommets and caps for future use in projects like these. I was very specific on what I wanted so ebay was the way to go. Now I got a 125 piece set.
I would have just called a Suzuki parts places with the part numbers and asked them about availability and shipping costs and went from there. If you got lucky enough to find someone with them on the shelf, they may have made you a deal as they need to get rid of stale inventory. 8-)

But I can see why you wanted plugs if you have future plans. Glad to know your retrofit pursuit isn't over! 8-)