Headlight bulb replacement

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
Bizzenn

Is there anyway to change the bulbs without having to remove the bumper cover?
bootymac

High beams are doable if you remove the air box but the low beams are nearly impossible
Speed_Racer

It doesn't take too long. I'd recommend replacing both at the same time. It seems the OEMs have a penchant for dying early anyways.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
kizashigal

Driver's side required me to remove a few things out of the way and squeeze my hand in. Wasn't easy, but managed to do it. Passenger side is much easier. Small hands are necessary!
2011 Kizzy SE AWD Deep Sea Blue

*drive it like you stole it*
delusional29

This link on how to do it is crude, but it works in a pinch. I usually take the bumper off completely for a clean install.
Bizzenn

That's the vid I watched as well. I have stubby hands so i guess the bumper goes. Thanks for the replies guys.
Bizzenn

Ok, job done and what a pain it was. But now one light is slightly uneven. I see the holes for the up down left right but there's nothing there. How the heck do I make these level?
bootymac

Bizzenn wrote:Ok, job done and what a pain it was. But now one light is slightly uneven. I see the holes for the up down left right but there's nothing there. How the heck do I make these level?
You'll have to access the back of the lights to pop off the covers on the L/R adjusting screws:

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... 926#p15926
Bizzenn

I am so not taking that apart again. It's not that bad anyway. It's only noticible when pointing at the garage door. Otherwise you wouldn't know.
delusional29

I saw the tutorial on how to remove it. I'm thinking I may go ahead and just Dremel a hole in it instead. What do you guys think? I'm thinking it was put there for a reason. Perhaps to block out water?

D