ODB II

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
kmerkel89

Hey everyone,
I am looking at purchasing an UltraGauge EM v1.2 but nothing on the website shows it will work with the kizashi. What Gauges do you think I would be able to see? This two big ones I would like are the MPH and the fuel left in the tank. :drive:

http://www.ultra-gauge.com/ultragauge/
KuroNekko

From my experience, it really depends on the car.
I have an OBDII reader but it's a WIFI device that wirelessly connects to my iPhone or iPod via an app.
The device is called Kiwi Wifi and the app is called Dash Command. These two work very well with the Kizashi, but not as well on other cars. I'm not sure if it's the age of the car or make & model that affects how compatible these devices are. If you're interested in the UltraGauge, it would be best to contact their customer support to inquire about Suzuki vehicle compatibility.

Alternatives are Bluetooth OBDII devices that use Bluetooth to wirelessly connect your phone via an app. WIFI devices like mine are more expensive, but I believe transfer more data quickly. Mine has absolutely no lag in its multitudes of read-outs.

Here's a thread on these devices including more info on the set-up I have:
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3265
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
LPSISRL

If you go with a blue tooth device and you have an iPhone, check compatibility. The iPhone uses a later version of Bluetooth (more secure) than some of the devices and they are not compatible. Most devices used with the iPhone are Wi-Fi.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)