Crankshaft Position sensor and some other things

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
dslatsh

When it's unplugged if you're in the trunk you can tell it's off. Do you know by chance if there's a plcae to get a replacement for cheaper etc.? Or can this subby only be bought from suzuki dealer? Also this may be off topic a tad but...do you know anything about Sirius xm radio stuff? As far as if i wanted to add it to my car do I have to get that antenna on the roof installed?
dslatsh

The other thing too is that I just bought this car about 2 weeks ago used. They didn't offer me any extra warranties etc.. So i'm kind of a little annoyed because I told them I don't think the subby is working right and they said it's not covered under warranty so i'd have to pay for it....Which to me I think is wrong because when I bought the car I was under the impression that everything was working 100% correctly and also that it had Sirius XM which it does not....I'm not sure if I should go back down there and argue more with them or what. I had no idea the sub may have been blown etc. just thought maybe the settings were not set correctly
KuroNekko

Sorry to hear that you are now finding out the car has defects the dealer didn't mention. However, I doubt they even knew about the issues as they don't always seem to test out everything in a car. Sounds like the deal was "As is".

I'm a little confused about your finding with the subwoofer when you disconnected the harness to it. Did it make any difference? Regardless, I think the rear subwoofer might be blown out. I can't say for certain with the navi models, but the non-nav RF stereo has a powerful subwoofer and its performance is unmistakable. I'm not sure if you can find the subwoofer separately from Suzuki. I recall reading somewhere that Rockford Fosgate wants you to go through Suzuki for any replacement parts but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Lastly, I have no knowledge about XM radio because I don't have it nor want it. However, there was a post here recently by a member who installed an XM radio.
http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3642
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dslatsh

There really isn't a difference. Because the subwoofer already is so looooww the only way to hear it is if you ride in the trunk lol. So when you unplug it and sit in the car can't really hear any difference. But if ya put ya head in the trunk don't hear that SMALL little thump it made. And alright thank you!
AIM

dslatsh wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:33 am Hey guys so I recently purchase a 2011 kizashi sls awd. I love the car as far as ride etc. although I do have complaints about the audio system because my subby does nothing...doesn't even change volume when I mess with the volume controls on the head unit but I do have the navi package. Recently though something worse has happened, when I went to get my windows tinted my batter died. When I tried to start the car of course it wouldn't really do anything...but then it started going crazy and throwing a CEL saying all these things needed serviced like ESP, ABS, start system etc. After they jumped me I had the CEL again but that's all it said was service engine...took it to auto zone they scanned it (don't remember the code) but it was for the crankshaft position sensor...which I thought was odd because it was shifting fine etc.. The light has never came on before this happened I've had it for about a month now. So I reset the computer which cleared the CEL and went on my trip out of town.....the light never came back on until the other day when I some how left my lights on and my battery died again which I had to get it jumped again. It was a repeat of the same thing again for the crankshaft sensor. Should I reset the computer again? Is the battery dying and then getting jumped possibly causing the computer to get confused and think the sensor is bad due to the low power because of a dead battery and then being jumped all of sudden because I know the crank sensor also is included for the start of the car. I read that if your sensor is bad sometimes your car won't even turn over because does not know the position of the crank etc.. I did call the dealership i just bought it from and they said it would not be covered...so I called an actual Suzuki dealership and it's out of Warranty for that so would be around $200 some to get it replaced. Although I might be able to do it on my own because I know this isn't something that has to be timed after replaced etc but i heard it's a pain in the arse to get too. Thanks guys!
Did you mange to address the issue ?
I bought one M/T a 2010 in very good condition couple of months ago, it had a permanent P0334 Crankshaft Position Sensor code, I had the same issue of old battery , I noticed the same, when the battery dies completely it through this code and also effects the A/C and weirdly the real left door lock/unlock actuator, However, changing the battery didn't solve the problem of the crank shift sensor, the car starts, accelerate and drives normally without hesitation but it still throw this code,
Any advice how to fix this ?, I don't think the sensor is faulty, its very weird.
Also the passenger door lock/unlock actuator stooped working too, any idea if you or any other member faced the same ?
Thank you all
old tech

I think you have some wrong info here. P0334 is knock sensor. I have seen these go bad for sure. change it.
AIM

old tech wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:25 pm I think you have some wrong info here. P0334 is knock sensor. I have seen these go bad for sure. change it.
Thanks for your reply,
Sorry, a typo, the code is P0335 ( Crankshaft Position Sensor ),
The car drives and accelerate completely normal, Performance is strong, It just doesn't make any sense, The code is permanent and can't be removed till the ECM sees it fine, but it triggers the CEL after a short drive every time I delete it, I checked the chain when I changed the Valve Cover Gasket and it was perfect,
Maybe a faulty ECM ?, but its the only code and everything works fine, maybe the sensor resistance / impedance is changed and the ECM sense it,
I gave up and took it to a mechanic who agrees with me if there is a faulty crank sensor then the car wont start, I am waiting to hear from him, if they will suggest changing the sensor I'll probably let them do that so they will be responsible if the repair fails to address the issue.
Any suggestions are appreciated
old tech

With the Suzuki, always eliminate a possible voltage/battery issue before digging in to anything weird. Next in line in your case would be trying another crank sensor. Preferably a good used original. The sx4 of the same year span will do. Also, because this code maybe being triggered while cranking, some consideration should be given to the starter motor. This would be extremely rare but I once had it happen on an almost new at the time Toyota Celica .
AIM

old tech wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:36 pm With the Suzuki, always eliminate a possible voltage/battery issue before digging in to anything weird. Next in line in your case would be trying another crank sensor. Preferably a good used original. The sx4 of the same year span will do. Also, because this code maybe being triggered while cranking, some consideration should be given to the starter motor. This would be extremely rare but I once had it happen on an almost new at the time Toyota Celica .
You nailed it,
The Mechanic shop gave up after two days of trying to diagnose the problem, Their assumption is the timing chain or other electrical problem, I still don't think its the chain but I cant confirm.
What I can confirm is what you mentioned about the starter, I wanted to mentioned that in my previous message, The starter chew up like when the battery is weak, even with changing to new Interstate Battery still do the same, I feel it will die soon,
I also found the PCM/ECM is changed as the VIN shows on the scanner different than the body VIN

Now where should I start ?
- Changing the Sensor ?
- Looking into the Chain ( Guide rails / Tensioner / Chain ) ?
- Clone the VIN ?
- Changing the Starter ?
Or something else ?
The cheapest is changing the sensor but all others are kinda costly, The problem is I want to sell the car and the buyer is waiting for it
In regards to the starter, Doesn't this suppose to trigger the CEL directly after the car starts ? for me the CEL comes later, once happened when the car was parked but running for more than 15 minutes

Thank you for your time, Appreciated
AIM

Forgot to mention the car has 110k miles

The engine looked amazingly clean when I changed the valve cover gasket
See attached photo
Attachments
P2.jpg
P1.jpg