'Suggestions' from dealer

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
ragmopp01

Went in to dealer to have a oil change and tire rotation. Also to check damage under car. They did the oil change and tire rotation, but suggested that next time I do the fuel injection and emission system service for a measly $175. I said yeah sure (need to get some Techron from Costco). They also suggested a $80 throttle body service (service and clean throttle body). Now that is something I haven't heard before. Is this something that needs to be done? Especially at under 40K?

The other sad thing that I asked them about, was a tangling I had with a squirrel. I'm not sure who won on that though. The squirrel got flattened. But he got tangled up in the mini right rear mud flap. Ripped it off. Asked the dealer what I was looking at here and he said not only to replace the tiny mud flap, but the plastic it attaches to goes the whole length of the side of the car (not sure what you would call it) and, of course, would need painting. They suggested a body shop. So sometime next week I will take it in to my local body shop and see how many hundreds of dollars this will cost. Then will have to debate, whether it REALLY needs to be done. I hate squirrels!
Speed_Racer

Dealers make their money by upselling. You can do the throttle body service yourself - Google/YouTube it, it's not a difficult procedure and may not even be necessary at 40k.

And post a picture of the mudflap damage.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
ragmopp01

Ok. If you look you can see the mud flap laying on the ground. Above it is where it attaches to (as I just found out) the passenger side body skirt. And that is why the dealer said we are talking about paint plus the parts. I really think I am talking a few hundred dollars if I fix it.
Attachments
14448464255990.jpg
14448464255990.jpg (137.58 KiB) Viewed 6997 times
Speed_Racer

Oh, so this is the little plastic flap located in front of the right rear wheel.

It's not a mudflap, it's actually an aerodynamic spat or strake. It helps direct airflow around the wheels to reduce noise/air turbulence/drag, etc.

I looked at the diagram and the strake is mounted separate of the side sill (the part your dealer recommendeds you replace) It appears to be held in by just one screw? I'd be surprised if you couldn't remount it by crawling under and having a look. Or just leave it alone, it's non-essential.

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
ragmopp01

Actually there is two screws that hold it in place the one on the end (you can see it sticking out in the picture) and one on the other end that would screw into the plastic of the side body skirt. And that is where the problem is. That plastic is gone. So if I screwed that strake (thanks for correcting me, It sure looked like a mini mud flap) in on one side it would flop around because nothing to anchor it on the other.
Thanks Speed Racer for your thoughts about whether it is necessary or not. Curious to see what the body shop would want to replace. If, as I expect, its mucho dinero then I will take your advice.
Ronzuki

Suzuki Genuine Factory Part
Fits 2010 Suzuki Kizashi GTS
Part Number: 7724157L00ZMU
Rocker molding W/O SPORT, star silver Left
Item #1 on image
Online Price
$683.92

Yeah...I'd say it's not worth it!! It'll be well over a grand if you get a body shop to quote the entire job, unless, you can source a salvage yard part. You may even get lucky and find one in the same color as yours to save on the painting. In which case, you could install yourself.

Epoxy the strake in place and put the one screw back in if you must have it.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
ragmopp01

WOW!!!!!! I knew parts were astronomical but that price! Well, I think that settles that question.
ehart814

That stupid thing broke on mine in some deep snow last winter. It's just hanging there by one screw on my car since I haven't attempted to fix it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marcov71

Wait...$700 for a piece of plastic?????!!!
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
Ronzuki

Yep. That's the reason our cars are easily 'totaled' by insurance.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)