Are these the bump stops?

Ask technical questions or post on problems/issues related to the Kizashi under this topic. Symptoms and pictures of your problem are a good idea.
NOTE: Any car related technical question can be posted here.
LPSISRL

Are these the re-designed bump stops for the rear shocks?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=au_pf_dp_lf ... ---------2
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Juan

No.... they are not.
CG1

Images stolen from another thread on the subject for your convenience. The part number can be seen in the second.
Capture 1.JPG
Capture 1.JPG (68.1 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
b44f0c9b98980f903774aa80adbf7c01.jpg
b44f0c9b98980f903774aa80adbf7c01.jpg (78.41 KiB) Viewed 7613 times
LPSISRL

Thanks!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
Kisazhi

I bought KYB brand replacement bump stop and the foam upper part looks exactly the same. The bottom is a bellow type that can compress and i think that is better than OEM.
Woodie

Foam?

That off white upper bit is hard plastic.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Kisazhi

It same type of material like the original. It have to be able to compress to absorb the bump. Its pretty common material for bump stop.

I just realise the KYB one does not have the slit on the side. The inner diameter is the main problem. The original are loose and allow dirt and moisture to collect and rust the shaft. This KYB one fits tight to the shaft.

I also have to scrape the inside of the upper mount for the new bump stop to be able to slide back in. There was soo much salt like build up inside the mount.
bootymac

Kisazhi wrote:It same type of material like the original. It have to be able to compress to absorb the bump. Its pretty common material for bump stop.

I just realise the KYB one does not have the slit on the side. The inner diameter is the main problem. The original are loose and allow dirt and moisture to collect and rust the shaft. This KYB one fits tight to the shaft.

I also have to scrape the inside of the upper mount for the new bump stop to be able to slide back in. There was soo much salt like build up inside the mount.
Is this picture of the KYB bump stops (SB113) accurate?

You could always file/cut the slits into the side
Kisazhi

Yes. That is the one.

I still have clunking noise after replacing the leaky rear shock. Found out the swaybar bushing is loose. Wrap about 4 wraps of electrical tape around the swaybar to make sure its the problem before ordering new bushing. Confirmed that it was the source of the noise.

Also notice that the rear swaybar would fit in 2 different position. End link up for softer ride or end link down for sportier ride.