Noisy, thrashing engine is getting old.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bootymac

11zukizashi wrote:Hi, I also noticed that my engine sounds louder recently after i replaced the air filter at 30,000 miles. I did not use an oem filter i used a cheap one from rockauto. Maybe that is our problem?
Most likely if the filter isn't as restrictive as the stock filter. Which filter did you use?
11zukizashi

Hi can someone who has an oem filter please measure the thickness of the rubber flange around the edge of the filter? I checked the airbox again last night and it is definitely closed but it seems like its not closed tight, like the rubber flange gasket is not thick enough and causing the cover of the airbox to have some movement and rattle.
bootymac

11zukizashi wrote:Hi can someone who has an oem filter please measure the thickness of the rubber flange around the edge of the filter? I checked the airbox again last night and it is definitely closed but it seems like its not closed tight, like the rubber flange gasket is not thick enough and causing the cover of the airbox to have some movement and rattle.
If no one else responds before I'm home from work tonight, I'll help you out
KuroNekko

Is the OEM air filter clearly labeled as "Suzuki"? I don't recall seeing that on mine and it's also made in Korea. I'd think an OEM would be made in Japan.

I also ordered a replacement filter from Rockauto that should arrive very soon. I got a Wix filter. I can do a comparison and take photos, but I'm not sure if my current filter is OEM as I got the car used.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

My OEM filter says Tokyo Roki, made in Japan.
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:My OEM filter says Tokyo Roki, made in Japan.
Sounds like mine was not OEM.

P.S., I also have a very strong feeling the OEM oil filter is made by Tokyo Roki. I was watching a video on "Suzuki OEM parts" on youtube and it showed clips of Suzuki engineers testing the OEM parts. The clip showing the oil filter reveals it labeled as Tokyo Roki. The video was for Suzuki motorcycle parts, but the filter featured looked like it was for a car, if I recall correctly.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

There's more than one Suzuki p/n for oil filters. There's the made in Japan p/n and then there's the lower cost, China or Taiwan, filter number. Both are labeled and packaged as Suzuki. Purchased both at the dealer. I had posted the p/n's in an oil/filter thread a long time ago.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

11zukizashi wrote:Hi can someone who has an oem filter please measure the thickness of the rubber flange around the edge of the filter? I checked the airbox again last night and it is definitely closed but it seems like its not closed tight, like the rubber flange gasket is not thick enough and causing the cover of the airbox to have some movement and rattle.
Measured my OEM filter and the gasket was 10mm thick
smsmart

I've noticed my engine has become very "clicky" sounding as of late when sitting at idle. Although it still sounds relatively the same as it did before when it comes to acceleration and cruising. I'm now over 42,000 miles.
Ronzuki

Probably injector noise.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)