114 days

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

No doubt that the BRZ is different from the rest of the Subaru line-up. However, I hate giving Toyota credit for it because Subaru basically did nearly all the engineering for this car. To me, it's a different sort of Subaru.

Also, you can expect some changes to come from Subaru soon. They are growing rapidly in the US and have recently inflated their expected sales figures to 500,000 units for the year. They are rapidly increasing in popularity and may become more mainstream soon. This would mean that their tradition of AWD + boxer engines may be at risk as growing more mainstream means having to diversify a bit more.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

I thought Subaru just manufactured them? Toyota did most of the designing and engineering. It was Toyota's idea to use a boxer engine too (with their fuel injection system).
KuroNekko

bootymac wrote:I thought Subaru just manufactured them? Toyota did most of the designing and engineering. It was Toyota's idea to use a boxer engine too (with their fuel injection system).
Nope. It's well documented that it was Subaru who did nearly everything technical. Toyota's contributions were the styling, the transmissions (they are Aisins which is a subsidiary of Toyota), and the Direct Injection because Subaru did not have DI at the time of development. Nearly everything else was done by Subaru engineers. I've read about this in numerous auto publications including an excellent article by Top Gear Magazine UK Edition.
Also, the best videos on the development of the car were made by Subaru in which they interviewed the Japanese engineers of the car. They go into such R&D details that you can tell this car was a Subaru brainchild. Check them out. They are fascinating if you're into cars (you'd somewhat have to be to be reading this).
Here they are:

[youtube][/youtube]
[youtube][/youtube]
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

The standard chair held me like a lover; the interior is otherwise so cheap my friend with the Si Civic said "the WRX interior made his look like a Bentley".

But it's fast; really really fast.

I await a drive in the CVT version.......

.....to be continued.....
bootymac

What about the new GTI? :P

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons ... rison-test

It also gets 280whp and 350wtq with just a stage 1 flash 8-)
murcod

But it's still missing AWD- with that much power it's a very handy feature on anything but the smoothest driest roads. ;)
David
Ronzuki

sx4rocious wrote:or wait long enough for the next design... This one is U-G-L-Y!!!
Just saw my first one of the brand new designs on the highway yesterday. Played tag with her for about 5 miles so I got a good long rolling look at it from all sides, directions and angles. It was a white-ish color and I have to say it looked pretty darn nice. I liked it...def better looking in the flesh than the pictures above.

What's the price tag on one of these things?
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
bootymac

Starts at $27k US I think
WESHOOT2

My buddy got the 'CostCo' discount, 2% UNDER invoice!
Ronzuki

That's sounds pretty reasonable for what I saw going down the road... and 2% under invoice would be a good deal. I picked up my 4-dr Wrangler for 2% under invoice at regular old Jeep dealer.

Something tells me WESHOOT's going to be sportin' a new WRX before too long. I still say run your Kiz until she won't run anymore and see how far it'll go.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)