What to do with dark spots on rims?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

nytq wrote:I had the exact staining occur, on top of chipping. I finally broke down and refinished all the wheels. Unfortunately I did not strip the old finish completely off, just roughed up the surface so the new paint would take, so the original weak paint still chips off occasionally. But the staining is not happening. I don't know what Suzuki was thinking with the painted surfaces on this car. You would think the wheels would have been completely different than the the body, but it seems like the same cheap paint is all around. At this point the car could easily use a complete repaint to a high quality job, but I'm going to wait until I just can't stand it anymore, and probably just get another car at that point. I'm hoping for 2 more years. They must have put all there money in R&D and then making the rest of the car high quality and then ran out of money for good paint. It really makes no sense.
Agreed. The paint on this car is just terrible. It's sad because the rest of the car is quite good.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
G13b

Plasti dip at your leisure.
If you write wash on mycar I will carve resuscitate me on your chest.
mille33

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I use to clean my car about 3-4 weeks and would definitely use various rim/wheel cleaner. Although I try to wash it by hand as often as I can it's been through some automatic car washes too in the 3 years I've had it. I have not tried a clay bar that might do the trick. I was also thinking about plastidipping them in a glossy black or grey finish. We'll see... Thanks again!
Fritz2

Funny I never had any wheel paint problems with my '12 gts, and only moderate pin chips on the hood. No worse than my g37 ( that the dealer kindly tried to hide with touchup).
stevesharpe57

Same has happened to my rims especially the rear took it to dealer who contacted Suzuki with photos (warranty?) came back with it must be what I am cleaning the rims with ?
WESHOOT2

(The chief engineer, when asked why the 5-ton 18's on the GTS Sport, replied "for the folks that it matters to, they'll buy the appropriate wheels aftermarket".
Cynical, but a good business model.....)
WESHOOT2

Use a caustic wheel cleaner to take ALL the paint/stains off and render them all at least uniform?
Ronzuki

nytq wrote: You would think the wheels would have been completely different than the the body, but it seems like the same cheap paint is all around. At this point the car could easily use a complete repaint to a high quality job, but I'm going to wait until I just can't stand it anymore, and probably just get another car at that point. I'm hoping for 2 more years. They must have put all there money in R&D and then making the rest of the car high quality and then ran out of money for good paint. It really makes no sense.
They went with that eco-friendly, 'green', water-based chit. Somewhere back in 2010-11 I'd read about it...it was a bragging point at the time as I recall. Not so much now huh?

The non-friendly 25-year old 'real' paint on my Samurai still shines (if/when I wash it, every 5-6 years or so).
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)