114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

Yesterday 12/08/2015 I had my oil and front and rear differential fluids replaced at the dealer; 36,318.

I'm so bad.
WESHOOT2

Last tank Mobil premium 23.4 MPG.
My bad.

I drove 752 miles since last Monday; it was fun.

WESHOOT2

2/9/16, 43,705 miles, oil change at the dealership.

Yep.
Last tank 24.3 MPG.

WESHOOT2

Took an windshield edger on the passenger side; the crack continues to grow.

VSC saved my Kizashi the other night while navigating a frozen rutted dirt road; the tire(s) caught a rut, the car slewed violently, the VSC blinked madly, and I was straightened out ASAP.
Cool.

Last tank 21.3 MPG; brrrrr.

Yes, exactly.
WESHOOT2

So I'd been running my studded 225/50 R17 Goodyear UltraGrip tires at 40F/39R PSI.
Yesterday I went to 44F/40R; WOW! what a difference in steering feel and responsiveness.
Significantly better precision.

"TEST then KNOW"

WESHOOT2

Last tank Mobil mid-grade 21.6 MPG.
This directly reflects my current driving style, which is to explore the new-found thrust from the much lighter wheel-tire package.
It feels seriously more urgent; I can get scratch from a standing start when turning. In the mid-range speeds --25 to 55-- it pulls so significantly harder my wife even noticed (and commented.....).
The whole car feels more lively and tossable, paved or dirt, lighter on its feet, more 'useable' if I can use that term ('useable' as in "driving like a maniac").

I never expected such a large change. I thought I'd get some change, but simply WOW!

WESHOOT2

I'm gonna hate it if I bunch this one up......
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote:Last tank Mobil mid-grade 21.6 MPG.
This directly reflects my current driving style, which is to explore the new-found thrust from the much lighter wheel-tire package.
It feels seriously more urgent; I can get scratch from a standing start when turning. In the mid-range speeds --25 to 55-- it pulls so significantly harder my wife even noticed (and commented.....).
The whole car feels more lively and tossable, paved or dirt, lighter on its feet, more 'useable' if I can use that term ('useable' as in "driving like a maniac").

I never expected such a large change. I thought I'd get some change, but simply WOW!

Your findings show how underestimated wheels and tires are in performance. So many people obsess over engine mods to make more horsepower but neglect other aspects such as tires and wheels. Given our Kizashis offer very little aftermarket mod support, focusing on things like wheels and tires is probably the best way to wring out the most from our cars.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

And there's that current Car & Driver article about light- vs heavy-weight wheels; edifying.
WESHOOT2

Last two tanks of Mobil premium returned 21.3 and 22.5 MPG.
It may be due to my more-often sliding / 4-wheel drifting / throttle matting driving behavior --bad behavior.

I regularly cause the CD player to skip.

This thing can carry such speed as to now scare me if anything were to go awry. I'm rigorous in my ALWAYS pre-drive walk-around, but I can't tell from that if a critter, or gaggle of bicyclists, or another nut like me is around the next bend.
But boy is it fun! We have SO many little-used roads that's it's normal to see NO traffic for many minutes. Some dance like a rollercoaster, camber throwing you back and forth at times so rapidly it make my head rattle.
Some allow big speed and 4-wheel drifts through gentler bends.
Some (many) have the topography of a storm-tossed ocean, with frost heaves big enough to get you airborne. Or break a strut.....

I hope I can explain a summer set of lightweight 18" wheels with grippy tires to the Mamon-keeper.