Knocking on right side of car

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

I have this "knocking" sound coming from the right side when going over rough road, but not necessarily dips or potholes. Just rough or uneven pavement. It almost sounds "plasticy" in nature. I've been under the car and tapped on all the plastic covers and everything seems solid. When wiggling the rear sway bar I get knocking but after wiggling it around for a bit, the noise stopped.

I'm at a loss to what it could be. Maybe the front strut or sway bar? Only 30K, but it's been doing this for the last 10K miles or so.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Kisazhi

If the swaybar bushing is just a bit loose it would rattle. Mine was about 0.5 mm too big and it rattle like you describe. I was not sure either at that time so I remove the bushing and then wrap the bar with electrical tape to make it thicker.

The noise was gone after I did that. Try that before changing the bushing. Its quick and free.
KuroNekko

Do you have the new bump stoppers or the old type? Have you checked your rear shocks for oil leakage? The Kizashi has an issue with rear shock corrosion due to a faulty rear bump stopper design.
A lot of info here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3186
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
golftango

KuroNekko wrote:Do you have the new bump stoppers or the old type? Have you checked your rear shocks for oil leakage? The Kizashi has an issue with rear shock corrosion due to a faulty rear bump stopper design.
A lot of info here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=3186
I still have the old bump stops.

No leaking from stock shocks.

The odd thing is the knocking doesn't happen all the time. It's random, sometimes it's bad, other times, not a noise to be heard.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
bootymac

golftango wrote:When wiggling the rear sway bar I get knocking but after wiggling it around for a bit, the noise stopped.
If you can make it knock by hand then imagine the forces while driving. Check the sway bar bushings and end links
FrankoLaMoya

Rear stabilizer bar bushings....one side is possibly bad.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)