Pulling a Facebook on You (New Style)

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.

New Style

Poll ended at Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:35 pm

Like It
57%
Do Not Like It
43%

Total votes: 7
KuroNekko

This will definitely take getting used to but I think I'll end up liking it better if it addressed the weaknesses of the old format. For example, I the old layout had a rather hard-to-use moderation layout and searching things was cumbersome. I also think this layout is a bit cleaner and more like other forums, but like any major layout change, just takes getting used to.
As I use the forum more, I'll post my findings and then put in a vote.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Sluggo

Hey, it different and I usually don't like different but I'm willing to work with it if my posts had an edit button.
All the forums I belong to have an edit button, can't image life without it.
I might make a misssstakkke spelling or see that after I have posted I changed my mind. I need to edit.

Ok.. I have edited this post. Happy now.
Last edited by Sluggo on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The little gear in the top right corner of your post is what you are looking for.
FrankoLaMoya

I thought the previous format was perfect...go to website...new post...read...done... I did not know it had to be changed. Personally it is not a big deal, but I prefer the older format.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
KuroNekko

After using this new layout for a few days now, I think it's an improvement. Things are a bit easier to navigate and easier to notice. Pictures seem to load faster and features seem easier to use. I'm also noticing that despite looking different, it's not a vast departure from the old one in functionality and features. Overall, I'd say it seems to be an improvement.
Moto
Site Admin

FrankoLaMoya wrote:I thought the previous format was perfect...go to website...new post...read...done... I did not know it had to be changed. Personally it is not a big deal, but I prefer the older format.
I'm not in disagreement.

I try to keep the site up to date with current technology. If you get too far behind you are unable to update to the new versions without major trouble. The other theme could have been updated to a new version, but it was aging and not search engine friendly.

You are welcome to continue using it as long as it is supported by the forum software (might not be supported in the next update).

The other style was really nice for going to new topics and skipping older stuff, but it wasn't as conducive to browsing. A lot of old topics fell off the radar because it was hard to find if it wasn't an active topic.

Efficiency is good, but the last style causing people to miss things. Additionally, I think it scared new members away because it didn't look like a regular forum.
Moto
Site Admin

KuroNekko wrote:After using this new layout for a few days now, I think it's an improvement. Things are a bit easier to navigate and easier to notice. Pictures seem to load faster and features seem easier to use. I'm also noticing that despite looking different, it's not a vast departure from the old one in functionality and features. Overall, I'd say it seems to be an improvement.
I'm communicating with the style authors to see if we can get "ban hammer" working on this style. :mrgreen:

One click solves all your spam problems quickly... Ban IP, Email, Username and delete all posts from that user from their profile.

I also changed the registration question the other day... and there is another plugin that I need to get working to keep out the bad guys.
NiteRider

I too would want the an option to view new posts. That was always an option for me when I booked marked the board index. Also, i used to click on the icon near a thread and it would automatically take me to the newest unread post. How do I do that now?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
KuroNekko

NiteRider wrote:I too would want the an option to view new posts. That was always an option for me when I booked marked the board index. Also, i used to click on the icon near a thread and it would automatically take me to the newest unread post. How do I do that now?
At the top right of the screen, you'll see "Forum" next to "Search" and "Home". Place your cursor over "Forum" and you'll have quick access to "Unread Posts" and "New Posts" which will give you access to new forum content.
NiteRider

KuroNekko wrote:
NiteRider wrote:I too would want the an option to view new posts. That was always an option for me when I booked marked the board index. Also, i used to click on the icon near a thread and it would automatically take me to the newest unread post. How do I do that now?
At the top right of the screen, you'll see "Forum" next to "Search" and "Home". Place your cursor over "Forum" and you'll have quick access to "Unread Posts" and "New Posts" which will give you access to new forum content.

Thanks, I also figured out that if you click on the * symbol next to the thread it will automatically take you to the newest unread post.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty