Pull, Pull, pulling never stops.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Dego

Car is currently at a speed shop. Speed shop tech believes that the rear shocks are the issue.
Apparently the passenger side is soft and the down force on the car at highway speeds may be causing it to pull to the drivers side.

So, the shocks are being replaced and the care will be test driven again. If that doesn't solve the issue then he would like to replace a lower control arm. Other than those two issues nothing is worn bent or broken.

More to come.
WESHOOT2

I am sending good vibrations your (Kizashi's) way........
Dego

New rear shocks = no improvement.
He did note that the rear pas anger tire is toe in. When he checked the adjustment bolts he noticed that there is no wrench marks on the bolts.
Is it really possible that three different shops charged me for a 4 wheel alignment but none of them did it????!!!
TRaj2327

I thought it was common knowledge that the car pulls to the left. I remember watching a review video several years ago when I got mine and they mentioned that theirs pulled to the left as well. Mine does it also but it does seem as if it has gotten better over the years. I just live with it.
2011 Black Kizashi SLS - DD
- EBC Brakes
- 10% tint & debadged
2015 White Jeep Wrangler Altitude - Wife's ride
2004 WRB Subaru Impreza WRX - Garage queen
phatbutter2

TRaj2327 wrote:I thought it was common knowledge that the car pulls to the left. I remember watching a review video several years ago when I got mine and they mentioned that theirs pulled to the left as well. Mine does it also but it does seem as if it has gotten better over the years. I just live with it.
Mine does it as well, noticed after my last tire roto it got a little better, but right back after my last one. I believe its common issue
"The Kizash" 2012 Kizashi Sport SLS AWD - Black pearl
KuroNekko

Just in case it's not common knowledge, the Kizashi came with a bad factory alignment for earlier model years. It caused the rapid uneven wear of the tires. Since then, Suzuki revised their alignment specs so you need to make sure that the shop you take it to has the updated alignment specs.
More on that here:
http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =12&t=1248
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
dslatsh

so the place i bought my car from when they did the alignment because i complained several times about the pull to the left especially when braking did a huge SH#$&%%&^&^&%^%TY job on it....yet said "Oh can't figure out what is wrong must be because it's electronic." With that being said I do believe though that with it being electronic it will at times not seem like the steering wheel is straight like it should be...due to the sensitivity of the steering and my guess electronically because if the road is a little off it makes it seem like you're a little off center but that's because one tire may be sitting higher then other? I noticed this yesterday coming back from the dealer...sometimes if i had it in the dead center it be going straight sometimes it be a tad to the right to maintain straight and by tad i mean like maybe 1 degree or less. I attached my alignment results for viewing, this time it was done by a previous suzuki dealer.
Attachments
20160826_191213.jpg
20160826_191213.jpg (254.03 KiB) Viewed 5083 times
Dego

So are you saying your car no longer pulls?

Ive replaced the rear shocks and got another alignment with no change in the pull. I can't buy that the car came with a "bad alignment" because I have had 8 done in the last year from three different shops. They all show print outs like the one above telling me that everything is aligned yet the car still pulls. Not only that my front drivers side tire wears faster than the rest. I had three tires that looked brand new and one that was bald. Not only that but I called the Suzuki 800 number and was told to bring it to a Kia dealership over two hours from my home. When I called the Kia dealership they didn't even want to talk to me. The service manager said " If you had that many alignments and had it looked at and no one can find the problem I don't know what you expect me to do, but you can bing it in and well look it over. There is a $110.00 diagnostic fee." Fuck them, fuck this car and most of all fuck suzuki.
Ive spend well over $1000.00 trying to solve this issue. I own 9k on my car loan and this load of shit has a trade in value of 5-6k!!! My car only has 55000 miles on it! I am going to look into contacting an attorney and going after suzuki. If your car pulls please get a hold of me and we can create a unified front agents them. my email is [email protected].
KuroNekko

Dego wrote:So are you saying your car no longer pulls?

Ive replaced the rear shocks and got another alignment with no change in the pull. I can't buy that the car came with a "bad alignment" because I have had 8 done in the last year from three different shops. They all show print outs like the one above telling me that everything is aligned yet the car still pulls. Not only that my front drivers side tire wears faster than the rest. I had three tires that looked brand new and one that was bald. Not only that but I called the Suzuki 800 number and was told to bring it to a Kia dealership over two hours from my home. When I called the Kia dealership they didn't even want to talk to me. The service manager said " If you had that many alignments and had it looked at and no one can find the problem I don't know what you expect me to do, but you can bing it in and well look it over. There is a $110.00 diagnostic fee." Fuck them, fuck this car and most of all fuck suzuki.
Ive spend well over $1000.00 trying to solve this issue. I own 9k on my car loan and this load of shit has a trade in value of 5-6k!!! My car only has 55000 miles on it! I am going to look into contacting an attorney and going after suzuki. If your car pulls please get a hold of me and we can create a unified front agents them. my email is [email protected].
I really think it's the Power Steering Rack. The Kizashi uses an electronic power steering system which is different from the hydraulic ones of the past. When these units are faulty, they can cause the issues you've experienced. The Hyundai Sonata was notorious for this issue and I believe a recall was issued for this problem on those cars.
While it's simply fact that the earlier Kizashis came with a bad alignment (there is even a TSB about it), I think your car is one of the rare instances in which you have a bad power steering rack.

If you have the records of trying to get this issue resolved, perhaps Suzuki will partially compensate you for the replacement of the power steering rack (assuming this is the problem). It's unfortunate that your full warranty is over which would cover the power steering rack but I think it's time to look into properly diagnosing a faulty electronic power steering system. It seems like you've ruled out everything else at this point... multiple times.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
krell

After a few wheel alignment had to change my power steering rack the tie rod end was bent very expensive part
Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you're living?