Kizashi Paint Chip Problem !!!!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Moto
Site Admin

:shock: That looks nasty.... If you aren't driving gravel every day I don't see how that could happen. Even on gravel it shouldn't be common.

Note:
If you hit edit on your post, look for "If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below." hit the browse button and add one file at a time by hitting the "Add the file" button. Unfortunately the board isn't smart enough to handle selecting multiple files at one time.
NJKizashi

aragon20 wrote:The bumper is going to be about $1000 to replace. $500 for the actual bumper and $500 for the paint, labor, etc. At least that's what my small town auto body guy says, who knows how much less it would be in a bigger city.
Just got home from my 5 hour round-trip to my nearest Suzuki dealer. The service manager came out and was nice enough to take some pictures and email them to me as well as to Suzuki. He took pictures of the huge chip on the hood, some smaller chips on the hood, the chips around the back door sills, and a couple that were on the top of the car. I also talked to him about scratches that keep on appearing. I know I don't treat my vehicle's badly and there are all these scratches on both sides of the car. I think they're from rocks flying up and hitting the car too. The service manager said that they're not even going to consider scratches, which I understand, I was just pointing it out...along with all the other chips to show that there's something wrong with this paint. I've had the car for 3 weeks, this isn't just normal wear and tear, anything that touches the car seems to leave at least a scratch. He said he would send in the pictures and get back to me.
I don't know what I really expect. I don't think that they're going to repaint the whole car, but I'm afraid if they just give me touch-up paint the real problem won't be solved and I'll be back next month with a whole new batch of chip spots. I guess we'll see....

I tried to attach all the photos but I'm only smart enough to figure out one...dang

The color code for the Azure Gray Kizashi is "ZMW" ,then go to drcolorchip.com they will mix a paint chip repair kit with tha code...and you take it from there,,I'm gonna give them a try for my small chip's
avmustang

I'm sorry to hear about your car. You are not alone though.

New Books Reveal Vehicle Paint Quality Flaws Associated with Outsourcing

http://www.mmdnewswire.com/vehicle-pain ... -6280.html
gaww

This is all making me happy I went with the protective film on the hood, bumper, and fenders. I did this after about 500 miles and only had 2-3 very tiny dots in front.

Some areas in the US still use very nasty road salt/gravel mix. I had a car get pretty beat up in the front from this in the Sierras in California in the winter - but that took years.
NJKizashi

gaww wrote:This is all making me happy I went with the protective film on the hood, bumper, and fenders. I did this after about 500 miles and only had 2-3 very tiny dots in front.

Some areas in the US still use very nasty road salt/gravel mix. I had a car get pretty beat up in the front from this in the Sierras in California in the winter - but that took years.
Thats how I got all chipped up on the front edge of my Hood..I picked up my Kizashi in Early Jan, and took the brunt of the Hard NJ Winter and all the Bullshit Rock Salt coming off the road :x
avmustang

This paint problem is preventing me from getting a Kizashi.
aragon20

So Suzuki came back and said that they didn't think it was a "paint issue" so I'm screwed. I will post pictures soon. The only retribution I have it to warn other customers. I got 10 new paint chips on a 2 1/2 hour car ride home on a highway. I live in Colorado so no salt issues... I have still never taken it on a dirt road. 3,000 miles and already over 30 paint chips and more scratches than I can count. I'm going to start a new topic to urge anyone that has had ANY paint issues to report it because they also said it wasn't a known issue and they "might" do something about it in the future if other people had the same problem. They also offered me some touch-up paint but it doesn't matter if I will just get another ding tomorrow. I'm very disappointed and feel like I got taken. I gave Suzuki a shot and never will again. It's too bad, besides some other minor problems, I really like it. I'm so bummed I'm going to be paying on a vehicle that looks like I drove through a rock storm of some sort.
avmustang

contact Suzuki at [email protected]
Suzukiauto

All (from Suzuki Auto)...This wonderful forum has been brought to our attention via our Facebook page, so we apologize for not responding earlier. While we are concerned about what has been written in this forum, and we encourage anyone with these described paint chip issues to please either contact their dealer directly (if you have not already done so) or call us directly at 714.996.7040x5529 or 800.934.0934 so that we might find out more about your specific situation. Without this, it is impossible for us to diagnose and document any issues our customers may be experiencing. As always, please look to our official website at suzuki.com/auto or our Facebook/suzukiauto for official statements and information from Suzuki. Our twitter/suzukiauto also has information about our happenings and goings-on, albeit limited to 140 characters. In the words of Rod Tidwell, "Help me help you" :-)

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

- Suzuki Auto
Senegal

Suzukiauto wrote:All (from Suzuki Auto)...This wonderful forum has been brought to our attention via our Facebook page, so we apologize for not responding earlier. While we are concerned about what has been written in this forum, and we encourage anyone with these described paint chip issues to please either contact their dealer directly (if you have not already done so) or call us directly at 714.996.7040x5529 or 800.934.0934 so that we might find out more about your specific situation. Without this, it is impossible for us to diagnose and document any issues our customers may be experiencing. As always, please look to our official website at suzuki.com/auto or our Facebook/suzukiauto for official statements and information from Suzuki. Our twitter/suzukiauto also has information about our happenings and goings-on, albeit limited to 140 characters. In the words of Rod Tidwell, "Help me help you" :-)

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

- Suzuki Auto

While I do appreciate that Suzuki is finally paying attention to this issue, what guarantee is there that we don't get the same treatment that aragon20 received from Suzuki? aragon20 had his paint defects well documented by the dealer and the issue was dismissed by Suzuki.

You are either representing the same company, or you are not. If you are, please let us know what has changed in your policy, so that we could all take the cars to dealers to get the paint chips documented.

Thanks.