Suzuki Kisashi reliability - let's get better stats

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
mkaresh

I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to report on new models sooner then track cars closely as they age.

We've had excellent participation by Suzuki SX4 owners, and I'd like to have the same for the Kizashi. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved. So I'm grateful to this forum for giving me permission to post this thread.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Kizashi, for free. I'll share results in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
Car reliability, real-world fuel economy, and price comparisons
mkaresh

Now have ten owners signed up. If a few more join I'll add the Kizashi to the survey.
TrueDelta.com
mkaresh

Still not quite there--need at least a couple more owners to sign up to include the Kizashi in the survey.

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car reliability research
TrueDelta.com
lookin

mkaresh wrote:Still not quite there--need at least a couple more owners to sign up to include the Kizashi in the survey.

Not yet signed up? Details here:

Car reliability research
i dont agree with a lot of your review on epionions..i dont think the kizashi has bland features at all a lot of the other so called name brands i think have bland styling.as a matter of fact the styling is so good heads be turning and the amount of compliments i get about the styling does not suggest bland.[camry is bland, corolla amongst others and theres nothing cute about an accord.]as far as power goes not everyone needs 300 h/p i find it perfect for everyday driving....no racer here most time h/p is for bragging rights but not needed...i have to respect that i guess ...the noise upon starting is the secondary air injection just like vw its noisy for 30 seconds or so then it comes down[ its designed to warm up the car quickly.] to whisper quiet ..no problem with that and i happen to think there is a lot to love about this car...dont have a problem with the green lights at all i just dont look at them and i do think i have something great that does what i want it to do ..no problems here while you do make some valid points overall there is something to love i had worst cars and the value for the money cant be beat.....this is not an attack sir just my opinion...i tried signing up on your website its says im logged on but when i try to write a review it keeps telling me to log on then it wont let me...
mkaresh

My review is my personal opinion, and I don't expect others to share it.

I would like to figure out why you're having trouble logging in. Can you please contact me with your email address here:

http://www.truedelta.com/contact.php
TrueDelta.com
Zeid

mkaresh wrote:I wanted more up-to-date car reliability information that included actual repair rates. So in late 2005 I started getting people together to make this possible. TrueDelta now updates actual repair frequencies, not just dots, four times a year, to report on new models sooner then track cars closely as they age.

We've had excellent participation by Suzuki SX4 owners, and I'd like to have the same for the Kizashi. Just a matter of getting enough owners involved. So I'm grateful to this forum for giving me permission to post this thread.

To encourage participation, participants receive full access to all results, not just those for the Kizashi, for free. I'll share results in this thread after each update.

For the details, and to sign up to help out:

Car reliability research
I will add my Kizashi once I get it next week. It's a shame you didn't like that car very much. I've driven the Fusion, Malibu, Camry, Accord, and Legacy. Really compared it to the Fusion SEL AWD and Legacy 2.5iLimitited as you said, and yes dollar for dollar it was close on my excel sheet. The Fusion actually costs more to insure overall, Kizashi second, and Legacy cheapest. Unfortunately, the Legacy has pretty vague steering and the Fusion didn't make me want to get back inside of it after I drove it.

The Kizashi on the other hand is a different story. I've been back to drive that car 4x now! Manual, 2WD, AWD, I love that car in all forms. I've driven 2010 Audis, MINIs and BMWs and this car is VERY close when it comes to handling and driving dynamics. I agree that the CVT lagged when pushed, but pop it into manual mode and it's great! A friend of mine who is also buying the Kizashi now hated the powertrain and car because of that transmission, saying it was slow and boring compared to his manual transmission Jaguar. I told him to stick it in manual mode and he loved it!

Kizashi is masculine, unique, has Bluetooth streaming audio (Legacy doesn't), a stylish interior (Fusion doesn't) and keyless entry and start (neither Fusion nor Legacy have it)! The lack of keyless entry and start was disappointing on such a technologically advanced car as the Fusion. That keypad on the outside is so 1998. We're in 2010, if Suzuki/Hyundai/Nissan can offer keyless entry and start, everyone should. Throw the fob in a gym bag or attach it to your wallet, that way you can never leave the house w/o your wallet!

Don't forget everyone. A car is NOT an investment. It's a bad purchase no matter how you look at it. Be happy driving the car YOU want, not what Consumer Reports or any other site says is a "safe bet". They're guides to point out pros/cons, YOU need drive it and make the final decision.
Suzuki Kizashi GTS AWD-Platinum Silver-Since 5/28/10
Mechanical Engineer
Owner of http://www.theCollegeDriver.com
mkaresh

I actually liked some aspects of the Kizashi a great deal. The interior is excellent.

In retrospect, one problem is that expectations tend to be part of every review. People had talked up this car so much that I expected it to blow me away.

I have been told by a few people that the front-wheel-drive manual is considerably more fun to drive than the AWD automatic, but haven't had a chance to drive one yet.
TrueDelta.com
lookin

i happen to think suzuki is at a disadvantage just because of its name ..u say you bought a suzuki general response is 'SUZUKI'..you buy a honda or any other brand name its nothing people have a way with brand name [myself included] we do it everyday with different things ...so i suspect suzuki would get critique a lot harder than any other brand out there[ generally speaking mkaresh not directed at you] whether its better or not some people would pass on a suzuki just because of its name people tend to follow one of the reasons why sales are low ..hyundai being called a lot now its on tv everyday so people go buy hyundai..yes every car has pros and cons kizashi is a great car in my opinion i love it..but suzuki needs to market it better get its brand into peoples head too.....I EVEN REMEMBER WHEN NOBODY WANTED TO DRIVE A HYUNDAI now its like sheep following the herd.....suzuki's time is coming proud suzuki kizashi owner...skeptics will bow
mkaresh

For me the name isn't an issue. If anything, I expected more from the car because I know what Suzuki is capable of. I really enjoyed driving the early 1990s Swift GT. Why don't they offer a car that's that much fun?
TrueDelta.com
lookin

mkaresh wrote:For me the name isn't an issue. If anything, I expected more from the car because I know what Suzuki is capable of. I really enjoyed driving the early 1990s Swift GT. Why don't they offer a car that's that much fun?
maybe its me but i am having fun driving the kizashi i love the handling feels good on highway i love the twisting turns i came from a v6 jetta i also have a 2006 tahoe with all its power dont make me no difference im no speed demon i actually laugh when guys be gunning the engine peeling off from light only for me too end up behind them at the next light.i also give tickets to those speed demons lol..im just not that type of driver i dont care about 0-60 in 3 seconds when im heading to work...i also happen to think h/p is over rated [is 300 horses really necessary] and not very practical in everyday driving....school me a little bit and im not being funny what makes for having fun driving