Keeps catching my eye

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Northernstar

Test drove it once and my first impression is that changing gear from 1st to 2nd isn't that smooth but the rest is ok. Oh and it's under powered of course just like Kizashi.
KuroNekko

I do like the CX-5. My previous car was a Mazda3 so I have checked out the CX-5 at the dealership. As you can see from my signature, I prefer owning smaller Japanese brands.
It gets great mileage thanks to the SkyActiv-G engine, but the 35mpg claim is only for manual 2WD, which is only offered with the lower trims. No diesel in the US for the CX-5 or any other Mazda as of now.
Also, the CX-5 is not nearly as impressive on the inside as the Kizashi. The Mazda dealership really wanted me to trade-in my Mazda3 for the CX-5, but I passed. I'm glad I ended up with the Kizashi.
If you get AWD, it will only come with auto trans (I think), which is not CVT. Mazda avoids CVT for now, probably to maintain a more connected driving feel. Auto and AWD reduces the max mpg to about 31 mpg which is still very good.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

Yes, Australia only has AWD and auto CX5's listed. The only manual seems to be the bottom spec model in 2WD. We do get the diesel and it's reportedly the model to buy, apparently more like a petrol and really likes to rev out?
David
WESHOOT2

Owned Subarus from 1991 up till 2010.
Wife traded '06 Forester, got a '10 CR-V. Nice. Gonna get another.
Daughter traded '07 Impreza, got a '10 CR-V. Nice.
I traded '07 Impreza, got a '11 S AWD Kizashi. Current mileage nears 59K, had for 20 months now (see my running post: "114 days...").

As my mind wanders during my obviously incessant driving, I often contemplate its replacement were I to hit a deer or moose, or lose it over a cliff. I believe I'd get another.

My day job is selling new Hondas.
wndrwgn

It looks as though the 0% financing continues and that is always a good thing for someone considering the car!

I am just having a hard time finding any of the SLS AWD with Navigation. I did a broad search and found one in CA. I am in NH. This could take a while if I do order one!
kizashi_VA

When I tried to get mine, they couldn't find a black one with navi also. So I have choice of give up the color I want or give up the navi. In the end I chose color, because I can always just buy a $100 gps instead of spend almost 1k more for a color I don't want.
WESHOOT2

For our fer-crap New England roads I suggest the more compliant-suspended 16"-wheeled S AWD model as a proper choice.

Again, review my "...114 days" thread.
wndrwgn

Thank you WESHOOT2. Yes, I have been reading your 114 days and counting updates quite extensively :)
chest3r

A fellow NH driver here, the GTS (18" wheels) saved my keyster on some backroads in Rochester the first winter I had it. A woman in the opposite lane of traffic decided to take leisurely left turn as if I wasn't there. Ended up swerving across both lanes of traffic, fishtailed a bit, and the Kiz straightened itself right out. (Admittedly I was driving a bit fast). Straightaway, downhill, no guardrails, ditches on either side...made me a proud owner to survive that without a scratch to me or the car.

In any case, the car handles great in the snow. If you're in the seacoast, I'm the debadged gray Kiz that's usually still driving too fast.
whiteliner

go for it and enjoy yourself :D