What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

Tanshanomi wrote:I published an article on the Hooniverse to commemorate our first anniversary. Even gave KizashiClub a plug.

http://hooniverse.com/2016/05/16/the-ki ... eymooning/
Great article. I own exactly the same car but in black. I think you captured the Kizashi ownership experience quite well but you should have remarked that the 10 speaker Rockford Fosgate audio system is quite amazing, especially for the price one can get this car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
nowasynic

Well after looking for some parts, I took it back to the dealer. I think I would have been better off buying a Yugo. Sorry, just upset that the parts are rar, at best, and crazy expensive. WOW!!!!!!
2011 Kizashi GTS Sport Sedan
Triggerhappy

I changed the battery for the 2nd time at 104,600 miles. The oem battery lasted 2.5 years and about 30,000 miles. The 1st battery was bought at autozone with a 3 year warranty. I called today and they said I'm 2 days past warranty. Great! I live in Texas so we have extreme heat in the summer. I bought the battery from advanced auto parts this time because they have a $40 off coupon. Total cost after exchange was $97.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
Woodie

nowasynic wrote:Well after looking for some parts, I took it back to the dealer. I think I would have been better off buying a Yugo. Sorry, just upset that the parts are rar, at best, and crazy expensive. WOW!!!!!!
You took back a great car at a great price because one part you may never need costs too much if you buy it from the dealer? Who in their right mind would ever buy an axle from the dealer? They're $98 at Rock Auto.

:facepalm:
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
golftango

My drivers seat is starting to "rock" back and fourth, but the frame mount to the floor appears to be solid. It's something in the seat itself. 3 months out of the 36 months, only 31K miles. Suzuki says to pound sand. And why should they not, it's not like I'll be a repeat customer. They're just waiting for all these warranties to run their course and wash their hands with us.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

Woodie wrote:
nowasynic wrote:Well after looking for some parts, I took it back to the dealer. I think I would have been better off buying a Yugo. Sorry, just upset that the parts are rar, at best, and crazy expensive. WOW!!!!!!
You took back a great car at a great price because one part you may never need costs too much if you buy it from the dealer? Who in their right mind would ever buy an axle from the dealer? They're $98 at Rock Auto.

:facepalm:
I'm with Woodie. First, the Yugo was an unreliable, low-quality piece of shit made in a country with little to no automobile manufacturing experience. In contrast, the Kizashi is a reliable, high quality flagship car from Japan's 4th largest automaker.

I'm also not sure why you are concerned about axle replacements. About the only time you replace an axle in a car like this is when you damage one in an accident. CV boots are also largely universal and are easy to replace. Heck, there are even now boots that are split in design so you can slip it over the axle, glue it together, and then install over the re-greased CV joint after the old one is cut off.

The Kizashi's J24B engine is an old school multi-port fuel injected engine with a metal timing chain. It doesn't get more reliable and low-maintenance than that. Among the newer cars with direct injected turbocharged engines, you can bet the Kizashi's motor will make it into higher mileage. The CVT is probably the weakest point, but the JF011E CVT is not known for common failures and is equipped in cars with above average reliability. The manual transmission is a manual trans; basically only needs maintenance unless you don't know how to drive a stick properly. Clutches are wear items like brake pads hence probably aren't that hard to find, especially at service dealerships.

Yeah, the OE parts and aftermarket scene is quite grim given the rarity of this car as only about 30,000 total were sold in the US and Canada. However, it's really not a car that will take you to the dealership frequently due to its durability and reliability. Also, the OE parts aren't actually any more expensive than many other comparable cars.
Speed_Racer

It's Suzuki Saturday - installed a new headlight bulb, rotated tires, checked the brakes and suspension components. Noticed my spare tire was only at 15 psi, make sure yours is well inflated (60 psi)

'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
82ndkizzy

Removed the 3 baffles on the intake piping.. made quite a difference in highway mpg.
KuroNekko

82ndkizzy wrote:Removed the 3 baffles on the intake piping.. made quite a difference in highway mpg.
Any noticeable difference in engine noise or idle smoothness? What kind of mileage difference did it make?
Albro8

BLyons wrote:I finally got my summer goodies put on. New wheels and tires, new brake calipers, pads, and rotors, and new rear shocks and bump stops. I went with the KYB shocks. I haven't had a chance to really push the car yet to see if the ride quality is different (I keep getting stuck behind slow traffic through the roundabouts and good curves), but so far they seem fine, and the clunk is gone. I also did the TPMS re-learn today. Took me a bit to get the sequence to work for learn mode, but once I did it registered the sensors on the first try.

I also got it detailed this week, and the guy who did it mentioned that it looked like the hood had been repainted at some point. That would explain the lack of rock chips compared to what the other owners have dark cars have mentioned.

[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/blyons97/IMG_20160423_162833321.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/blyons97/IMG_20160423_162819120_HDR.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r186/blyons97/IMG_20160423_192649846.jpg[/img]

Next I think I'll get a lip for the front bumper and black out the orange blobs.
I have the same clunking noise from the rear of the car. Where did tou get and how much did tou pay for your kyb shocks and installation ? Did you change them yourselfe?
Nice wheels by the way!!

Envoyé de mon SM-N900W8 en utilisant Tapatalk