What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
FrankoLaMoya

I clayed my Kizashi for the first time since I bought it in October 2012. I used the 3M blue clay bar. I can see a difference, but not a huge one.

I already ''blacked out'' the orange bulbs, but I am thinking about making them a little bit more darker. Same for my rear lights... not sure yet for those ones.

I am also thinking about painting the small portion of plastic (faded black) between the mirrors and the front doors. I would just paint them a metallic black and it would not stick out anymore.

I will be painting the full grill + the gap in the middle in chrome. I did it last year, but it ended up grey (plasti dip instead of real paint) and I did not like it.

What would you guys recommended to clean my tires? I am afraid to put some tire shine and it gets worst on the long run.
Attachments
IMG_20150507_203734.jpg
IMG_20150507_203734.jpg (209.64 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
IMG_20160424_152357.jpg
IMG_20160424_152357.jpg (167.6 KiB) Viewed 4655 times
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
KuroNekko

FrankoLaMoya wrote:I clayed my Kizashi for the first time since I bought it in October 2012. I used the 3M blue clay bar. I can see a difference, but not a huge one.
A clay bar isn't really for looks, but for contaminant cleaning. The difference it makes isn't seen as much as felt. The surface of the car should be very smooth after using a clay bar. It's best to use a clay bar before polishing and waxing. I've been meaning to use my clay bar again but never have the time to dedicate to a full clay, polish, and wax after a thorough washing. I usually only have the time to do a wash and a spray wax.
:cry:
FrankoLaMoya wrote: What would you guys recommended to clean my tires? I am afraid to put some tire shine and it gets worst on the long run.
I've been using this for a little while and think it keeps the shine on longer. It's messy to apply but seems to last longer than foam sprays. http://www.armorall.com/products/tires/ ... -shine-gel
I actually just washed my car yesterday but haven't put it on yet because I want to rotate my tires before doing so. I got a new Makita impact wrench that I'll be using on the lug nuts that should make the job much easier and faster.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
n8dogg

Had the front rotors resurfaced at 51k. I could feel the shimmying in my braking the last couple of weeks. Lots of meat on the pads still so I left them, which surprised me seeing how fast the pads on the rear wore down, replaced them at 45k.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
FrankoLaMoya

Thanks KuroNekko. I was not sure about the ''better look'' aspect of the clay bar usage, but I did wax the car afterward. I do remember the Armor All Extreme Shine gel...I am pretty sure that is what I had previously. I probably lost the bottle or I was done with it.

Priors:
golftango

Washed and waxed. I really need to get the RO polisher out, however I want to touch up a few chips first.

Today I had a PDR guy remove two door dings for $60. Love people who do side work.

Since I have the base, I have no heated size mirrors. I have on order two replacement heated side mirrors (just the glass). I've verified there is juice to the wire harness when the rear defog is activated. So just need to run jumper wires to the glass from the hot wires. I'll post up instructions and pics when they come in ($45 a side.)

So having added the leather wrapped steering wheel with cruise ($60 shipped on eBay), the heated side mirrors and the auto-dim Homelink mirror, I feel like I've stepped up from my lowly base model. :)

I still see the fog lamp kit on eBay for $199. That may be my next purchase, along with an Apple Car Play double DIN radio.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
FrankoLaMoya

That's pretty cool golftango that you are doing all this on your base model! It would be nice if you could do a write up (like you said) for the others who would like to try the same.

Priors:
bootymac

golftango wrote:Since I have the base, I have no heated size mirrors. I have on order two replacement heated side mirrors (just the glass). I've verified there is juice to the wire harness when the rear defog is activated. So just need to run jumper wires to the glass from the hot wires. I'll post up instructions and pics when they come in ($45 a side.)
Good find. The heated mirrors work surprisingly well
Speed_Racer

Found out one of my headlights burned out again. SIGH.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
golftango

$4.99, free shipping from China.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
Fritz2

Regarding the tire gel, I don't use tire shine anymore as many people have told me it degrades the rubber and leads to premature sidewall cracking. I just wash and leave the standard dry look, tire shine looks so good though!