What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
BLyons

I got the windows tinted. Hopefully that's enough to keep the passenger seat alarm from triggering after it sits out in the sun.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
LSULYNXMOM

Just found this site - we have a pretty little red Kizashi and I've been searching trying to find out about getting Sirius XM for my hubby. When we bought the car 5 years ago they said I had to buy an expensive tuner to activate the XM radio. Anyone else ever done this? I know he would LOVE to crank up those Rockford Fossgates and not have to hear any commercials on his long drives for work. Also, anyone else have problems with paint chipping off? Our Kizashi has a few years on her but she looks brand new except for those paint chips missing on her hood. Thanks y'all
Woodie

Welcome LSULYNXMOM

Paint chipping is very common with certain colors.

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_247350/Sat ... html?tp=87

Crutchfield is offering an adapter for $70 and SiriusXM is offering a $70 rebate if you sign up for the all access or select packages. You're going to have to have it installed, and the SiriusXM subscription is going to be $150 - $180 a year. You should call Crutchfield and verify that this is the right adapter for the Rockford Fosgate stereo, not just some generic adapter. They used to be $500, I find $70 a little bit suspicious.

I would skip all that and just use the XM app on my smartphone linked through the Bluetooth that's already there.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Woodie

On vacation this week and I'm approaching 30K miles, so I gave the Kizashi a little attention yesterday. Put in a new pollen filter and a K&N air filter, gave it a detail wash, meaning wash under the hood, doorjambs, channel around the trunk opening, inside the gas filler door, etc. I also messed around with the exhaust hangers trying to eliminate a clunk from the rear end when going over speedbumps. I'm pretty sure I got it, my RRM exhaust was hitting my RRM rear swaybar. I cut a piece of heater hose and zip tied it on to the sway bar at that spot. Heard no noise at all last night, will reserve judgement for a week until I declare victory.

I wanted to adjust the washer nozzles but they seem to just snap in at one location. Is there a way to adjust them higher?
bootymac

How did the original cabin filter look? Also, does it have activated carbon or is it just a plain paper filter?

And I recently did another tire rotation and washed off 1400 miles worth of bugs, dirt and dust
Woodie

It was plain paper and it had a tonne of leaves and crap on it. Lots of very old trees where I live. The filter itself didn't look bad, I probably could have vacuumed it off and done fine, but I had a new, charcoal infused one in my hand already.
TheHolyGhost

Which cabin air filter did you use?
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES
Woodie

bootymac

I'm going with Fram Fresh Breeze too. The carbon and baking soda should help reduce odours
TheHolyGhost

Cool, thanks! I'd love something to help eliminate the mildewy odor that my car has at the moment.
2010 Kizashi GTS
6 speed
Platinum Silver Metallic (Battle wounded)

2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback

Past Cars:
2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
1998 Audi A4 1.8TQM
1998 Dodge Avenger ES