What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

The best access to the bulbs is by removing the front bumper and removing the headlights themselves so you can adequately reach the back of the headlights for bulb access. It's a pain for what should be a simple task. This is why it's a good idea to get LED or HID bulbs because they last a lot longer while being a few times brighter than halogens. I have a write-up on the process if you want a step-by-step. Search for it in the Stickies section.

A consideration you need for LED bulbs is whether the bulb will fit inside the headlight with the cap on. The Kizashi uses a sealed headlight design so there are caps that cover the bulbs. Some LED bulbs are too big to fit inside with their fans/heat sinks. Also, not all LEDs have an optimal design to properly mimic the output pattern of a halogen bulb. This issue will create problems such as glare for others and a poor light pattern on the road. LED have improved significantly in the last few years and more properly cast an ideal light but it still might be trial and error to find an LED bulb that outputs proper light.

I currently have DDM Tuning SaberLED ProX 55W H7 LEDs in my DRL/High Beam. I went with this kit due to DDM Tuning's reputation and reviews as they are one of the originals in HID and LED kits. These were also on sale at the time and are small enough that the entire bulb and driver fits inside the headlight so I can seal the cap. The output and pattern is excellent and a significant improvement over the last cheap LED kit I installed several years ago. I also have Morimoto capacitors hooked up to them to remedy DRL PWM issues that cause flickering in DRL mode. You don't need the capacitors for low beam use as there should be no PWM.

I run HIDs in my low beams largely because I've had them since before LED kits were good enough for a pattern out of a projector lens. HID kits are also more modular so you can swap out bulbs easier and change color temp. I currently have Philips-capsule 4300K bulbs for an OE HID look. It's warmer than LED bulbs which generally are in a 6500K color temp range for a pure white light. In the world of lighting, 6500K gives off the highest lumens for a technically brightest light for longer range but can cause eye strain and color rendering inaccuracies. Neutral lights in the 4000K to 5500K range are considered better for CRI (Color Rendering Index) so your eyes can see the actual color and details easier. All of this is largely up to preference.

My headlight kits cost hundreds of dollars because I prefer quality, reliability, and longevity, especially since dealing with bulbs is such a pain with the Kizashi. I know there are much cheaper kits on Amazon but I've played around enough with kits to now prefer the premium stuff that will offer reliable performance for several years.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
TB16

I too changed all my bulbs (3 pairs - high beams, headlight and fog lamps) to all LEDs. This was long overdue since I've been running my car on factory halogens last 11 years. Will click more pictures at night and post them soon.
Attachments
IMG20231024125015.jpg
Cargill

Drove to work and back home haha
SAEED_KIZZY

I ordered 4 sets of engine mounts for my car from Megazip I don't know if I needed those or not but the right engine mount looks collapsed my guess would be it is better to change them soon
Cargill

Go into the shop to iron out some wrinkles
n8dogg

Got the dreaded blinking TMPS light! :( Not the one in the center of the display that would indicate tires are low (the tires were properly inflated), but after reading up on all the problem solving on here, sounds like a TPMS error light...programing or hardware issues. But before I got too deep into the weeds, I figured I'd replace the 5.5 year old battery under the hood and then go from there. Problem solved for now!
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Woodie

If you've never replaced the sensors in the tires, they probably have low batteries. They're designed to last ten years.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
n8dogg

Woodie wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:15 am If you've never replaced the sensors in the tires, they probably have low batteries. They're designed to last ten years.
Makes sense...I don't need to replace the tires any time soon, but I will be planning on doing that next time I have the tires off.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
Obama_is_hot6

n8dogg wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:51 pm
Woodie wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:15 am If you've never replaced the sensors in the tires, they probably have low batteries. They're designed to last ten years.
Makes sense...I don't need to replace the tires any time soon, but I will be planning on doing that next time I have the tires off.
do you know where to order them from? ive heard that they cost like 300 usd + to replace
YUUUURT
Woodie

Old Tech has posted something about ebay availability for under $100. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5528&p=53976&hilit ... +15#p53976
I bought a set of four off Amazon for $135 including tax.

Here's one on Ebay for $25: https://www.ebay.com/p/168850269

You want a SE10001HP made by VDO/Continental. Beware of knock offs and absolute fakes.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency