What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Triggerhappy

DiggerDerrik wrote:Still rolling on the original brakes and 2nd set of tires. I have replaced the headlights like 5 times. I love this car
Does 2nd set of tires include the oems? If so, that's really good wear. What tires do you have now and how many miles on them?
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
DiggerDerrik

Triggerhappy wrote:
DiggerDerrik wrote:Still rolling on the original brakes and 2nd set of tires. I have replaced the headlights like 5 times. I love this car
Does 2nd set of tires include the oems? If so, that's really good wear. What tires do you have now and how many miles on them?
Yeah I'm including the OEM tires. The set I put on are Goodyear Eagles. They have about 51k on them and are almost ready to be replaced. The place I bought them does free balance and roatation for the life of the tire and I had them do that every 7500 or so miles. I had a 01 Silverado with Bridgestone Duelers that I got 70k out of cause I rotated them on the same schedule.
2016 Ford Explorer XLT Ecoboost
2010 Kizashi GTS FWD
2011 F-350 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4 6.7
Marcov71

Installed a universal wind fairing with a "carbon fiber" look. I think it looks pretty good and it reduces the howling noise from the rack significantly.
Attachments
Inno carbon fiber wind fairing
Inno carbon fiber wind fairing
wp_ss_20160623_0002.png (253.42 KiB) Viewed 3888 times
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
LPSISRL

So waxed my Kizashi last weekend. I typically use a spray on because my finish still looks great after and I'm not particularly enthused about doing the Karate Kid "wax on wax off" thing. Anyway, is anybody anal enough to poke your finger through all the diamonds in the grill with liquid wax so they are all clean and shiny? I was. And the grill looks great! :-)
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
KuroNekko

LPSISRL wrote:So waxed my Kizashi last weekend. I typically use a spray on because my finish still looks great after and I'm not particularly enthused about doing the Karate Kid "wax on wax off" thing. Anyway, is anybody anal enough to poke your finger through all the diamonds in the grill with liquid wax so they are all clean and shiny? I was. And the grill looks great! :-)
I like spray waxes too as they are convenient and save time. They are great for applying after every wash. However, the real wax is much better, IMO. If you get an orbital polisher, waxing a car becomes much faster and easier.
As for polishing, a power tool like a Random Orbital Polisher is pretty much a must.
It's always a time issue for me so spray wax has become a go-to for me. I've also had great results with them and they make the metallic black finish really look great after a wash.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
NiteRider

Replaced my wipers today with Boch Icons. Bring on the thunderstorms!
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
KuroNekko

NiteRider wrote:Replaced my wipers today with Boch Icons. Bring on the thunderstorms!
I have these too. They are great. Expensive, but are performing well.
FrankoLaMoya

One of my fog light bulbs went out 3 days ago...changed both fog light bulbs yesterday. I had changed the previous ones about 2 years ago...not bad I guess..I also re-painted my grill in chrome since I was removing the bumper...the grill is under the sun for the day. Will put pictures on Monday.
2012 Suzuki Kizashi Sport iAWD CVT ''Kaijū'' (Black pearl metallic)

Priors:
2004 Audi A4 Quattro 1.8T 6MT ''Audini'' (Black)
1999 Audi A4 Quattro 2.8 AT (Dark green)
1984 Chevrolet Malibu 3MT with a 327 engine lol (Blue)
1996 Acura Integra 5MT (Black)
NiteRider

It baffles me how I read so many others having to replace bulbs as often. I haven't had to touch any of my bulbs. *Knocks on wood"
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
KuroNekko

NiteRider wrote:It baffles me how I read so many others having to replace bulbs as often. I haven't had to touch any of my bulbs. *Knocks on wood"
I don't think it's that the Kizashi blows bulbs often. It's just that when it does, it's an ordeal to replace them. It's not a 5 minute process in the parking lot of Autozone like it is with most other cars.
I love my HID kit given the increased brightness of the lights plus the longevity of HID bulbs. Installing the inline capacitors helped stabilize the output too. However, it's an investment in both money and time to get them and install the kit.