What Did You Do With Your Kizashi Today?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
n8dogg

I've been using it for a couple of years now. It's easy to apply, but it's hard to fill in the chip so that it's level. You smooth off the top so that there is no raised blister or bubble effect (and that's also part of the process that mixes the setting agent with the paint), but that's how I end up with the chip not being level. That smoothing out process also removes any paint outside of the chip. It ends up looking great overall, and unless you know where the chip is and then look at it up close, you'll most likely never know it was there. I only bought the one small bottle, I think it said to use within a year, so I'm glad I didn't buy more. Also they have applicators available for extra $ that might help in the leveling off of the paint in the chip, but I'm just not quite that particular.
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
DesRado

How much did that cost you?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

n8dogg

$39.95 for the basic kit
'12 Kizashi SLS AWD w/RF sound
easy to chip Vivid Red and 25% window tint
Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Power Stop Rotors and Pads
183,xxx miles and still lovin it!
DesRado

Car gets a washing today. Been 3 weeks with all the rain from Joaquin. Brake dust is something awful.

Also bought some mud flaps. Need a drill to put some holes in them for mounting. Could be a good look. But they were only like $20 off amazon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Marcov71

I went all out and bought the $65 Dr. Colorchip kit. Supposed to cover "hundreds" of chips. Figured id have extra, just in case. LOL. Have not received it yet.
Today, I also had my Kizzy tinted. 20% all around. Very happy with the new look.
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
kconklin33

Met up with Marcov71 and sold my roof bars. Thanks for such a smooth deal and for waiting for me while I figured out to do with this. Cracked my oil pan
IMG_1330.JPG
IMG_1330.JPG (57.61 KiB) Viewed 4787 times
Interesting day to say the least
kconklin33

^^^ Also anyone who has done an oil pan let me know. It appears as if the subframe is going to cause an issues with removing the pan (2" or so of the pan seem to overlap the subframe. Unsure if I'm going to have to drop the subframe or maybe unbolt 2 of the motor mounts and hoist it up a little to wiggle the pan out. Any ideas?
kconklin33

^^^ Clip of my exhaust. Watch and give me feedback
DesRado

About thee exhaust... It's definitely interesting. I like the burble on the back end. It also seems to get rid of the whine at higher revs (If you've been there or watch the recommended video (in the snow) you can hear the difference). Possibly a little too much popping for my taste, but overall sounds good.

Is there any droning at highway speeds? I forget if I asked this before.

kconklin33

It definitely has gotten rid of the engine whine we always here when getting on it or at high RPM's. The car hardly backfires other then on startup. Cruising it's actually pleasurable, at least to my ears. In side the car it sounds no different then when I just had a muffler delete. Droning is almost non existent as well which I'm very surprised about. My Kiz might actually be the loudest car I've owned (from the outside) yet when inside I would say it's the quietest.