Anyone experiencing paint chipping in this area

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
golftango

It's pretty excessive for only 19K. Right before the rear wheel, lower rear door opening.

2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
nytq

Yep, I've had the same problem. Although I'm at 90k. It started early. Lots of TouchUp paint, plus some paint film.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
bootymac

Does the rear quarter panel stick out more than the door? I wonder if the door is misaligned
sx4rocious

That's actually pretty normal. Suzuki paint sux! If you're at 19k, it should actually be under warranty, but I'd hurry!
golftango

sx4rocious wrote:That's actually pretty normal. Suzuki paint sux! If you're at 19k, it should actually be under warranty, but I'd hurry!
I'm pretty sure this is not covered under warranty as it is wear and tear.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
KuroNekko

The Kizashi is known to have crappy thin paint. Chipping is quite common though it was mostly an issue with darker colors like black, red, and blue. Looks like white wasn't spared much either.

I personally took the precaution of buying a hood deflector quite early to curb the chipping on the hood. I'd say it was a good investment. However, chipping with this car is inevitable so like what nytq said, get some touch up paint. The paint is so thin, I've even had door dings that chipped the paint off. In fact, after just about every car wash, I go over the car with my bottle and dab the few chips that I gain.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Speed_Racer

golftango wrote:
sx4rocious wrote:That's actually pretty normal. Suzuki paint sux! If you're at 19k, it should actually be under warranty, but I'd hurry!
I'm pretty sure this is not covered under warranty as it is wear and tear.
Chipping at 19k isn't wear and tear, it is a sign of bad paint prep. Suzuki knows this is a problem as there have been several here on the forum who have experienced it. It wouldn't hurt to discuss with your dealer under the bumper to bumper and a good faith repair.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
Speed_Racer

Sorry, double post.
Last edited by Speed_Racer on Fri May 01, 2015 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
WESHOOT2

Oddly (?), my high-mileage K shows no signs of chipping, other than the ones I've caused.

But nothing like these pics.....
paininthenuts

That looks dreadful. I have a white one that has done about £9k, and there are only a couple of small chips.
My suggestion is that you slow down and try and dodge the stones