Kizashi exhaust system

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
Dave Bower

I have a 2012 Kizashi. It has developed a rattle noise in the exhaust system when it reaches a certain temperature.
After driving for a bit and then letting it cool down and then restarting the noise is evident at lower rpm.
Heat shield has been checked and seems good. Appears to be inside the exhaust system. Never does it for a mechanic.
Anyone else had this problem?
paininthenuts

Dave Bower wrote:I have a 2012 Kizashi. It has developed a rattle noise in the exhaust system when it reaches a certain temperature.
After driving for a bit and then letting it cool down and then restarting the noise is evident at lower rpm.
Heat shield has been checked and seems good. Appears to be inside the exhaust system. Never does it for a mechanic.
Anyone else had this problem?
No
golftango

I have an exhaust vibration in second gear. I was thinking it was a heat shield.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
paininthenuts

golftango wrote:I have an exhaust vibration in second gear. I was thinking it was a heat shield.
Don't use second gear
Fritz2

Hahaha kind of like avoiding the rocks, right? Somehow not helpful, yet funny. Perhaps one of the baffles inside of the muffler has come loose? This would be an excellent excuse to get an RRM exhaust, if only they still made them.
bootymac

Get under the car and start banging on the exhaust with a rubber mallet