Advice on Roof Rails and Cargo Box

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
fjroman2

Can any of you that have added a cargo carrier let me know what you are using? I have made the decision that I want to add the crossbars (whispbar - super expensive, ugh!) and I want to get the cargo box at the same time. I am thinking I am going to go with the Yakima Skybox 16 Carbonite. I am just a little nervous it might be too long. Anyone have any experience?

http://www.yakima.com/Fit/Details/SKYBO ... ype=Yakima

Thanks in advance.
2013 Suzuki Kizashi SLS AWD - Premium Silver
Priors:
2007 Mazda 3S GTS
2004 VW Passat
1997 Nissan Pathfinder
2013 Honda Pilot (wife's vehicle)
KuroNekko

I'm also interested in a cargo carrier, but I think I'll look around for a used one first on craigslist. The reason is that I know I'll only use it a few times a year, if that, so it's not worth spending a lot of money on in my case. I already have the OE accessory Whispbars and the bike module.

The Kizashi is a rather quiet cruiser so adding these accessories really make things noisier. Even the Whispbars, though quiet compared to other roof bars, noticeably made things noisier at freeway speeds. I can only imagine a cargo carrier will greatly increase wind noise while greatly reducing aerodynamics. I'd only use it if I need to haul stuff which would only be on rare occasions. This is why I'd rather get a used one.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
paininthenuts

fjroman2 wrote:Can any of you that have added a cargo carrier let me know what you are using? I have made the decision that I want to add the crossbars (whispbar - super expensive, ugh!) and I want to get the cargo box at the same time. I am thinking I am going to go with the Yakima Skybox 16 Carbonite. I am just a little nervous it might be too long. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance.
The Kizi is a thing of beauty, and such a device should be left well alone. My suggestion would be to buy another car for weekends and holidays.
nytq

I bought the suzuki rails, and a cargo rack a while back just for 1 trip. I can say this, using a cargo container on the roof drastically impaired MPG all throughout the trip. I can't really say noise was at any level that made me notice, but I wasn't really doing an analysis for noise during the trip as I probably just expected it. All of this was removed and just put into storage once the trip was completed. Really a waste of money for me, but I do have it if I need it. I don't think the Kizzy looks good at all with this hardware permanently mounted. It kills the nice smooth shape of the roof lines.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Speed_Racer

paininthenuts wrote:
fjroman2 wrote:Can any of you that have added a cargo carrier let me know what you are using? I have made the decision that I want to add the crossbars (whispbar - super expensive, ugh!) and I want to get the cargo box at the same time. I am thinking I am going to go with the Yakima Skybox 16 Carbonite. I am just a little nervous it might be too long. Anyone have any experience?

Thanks in advance.
The Kizi is a thing of beauty, and such a device should be left well alone. My suggestion would be to buy another car for weekends and holidays.
It's a sedan, not a Ferrari.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
paininthenuts

Speed_Racer wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:

Thanks in advance.
If you mean it's a saloon, I get your point. However the Kizi is one of the best looking saloons ever made. Putting a roof box/rack on the roof is like scribbling on a picasso
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote:Putting a roof box/rack on the roof is like scribbling on a picasso
Function > Form. :ugeek:
Speed_Racer

paininthenuts wrote:
Speed_Racer wrote:
paininthenuts wrote:
If you mean it's a saloon, I get your point. However the Kizi is one of the best looking saloons ever made. Putting a roof box/rack on the roof is like scribbling on a picasso
A saloon you say? ;)
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
paininthenuts

A saloon you say? ;)
Image[/quote]

Your on thin ice, we invented the language, you have attempted to destroy it :D
KuroNekko

paininthenuts wrote: Your on thin ice, we invented the language, you have attempted to destroy it :D
*You're