Several Questions about the Kizashi

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
paininthenuts

If your in the states be careful. There are a lot of cars being sold with the steering wheel on the left hand side of the car. Some people don't notice this when buying the vehicle, then get caught out.
WESHOOT2

Mine's been uncannily reliable and durable, and I maintain mine poorly and sporadically, and I drive it dangerously and mercilessly.
Truth.

Today, right now, at 162,664 miles, 1,650 days.
Speed_Racer

I have a '12 GTS 6MT as well. I echo what others have said - it has been extremely reliable over the past 2.5 years. I had to replace the OEM Dunlop tires at 25k, and two visits to my dealer for a pair of TSBs but that has been it.

I would give extra time for special parts to get ordered. Though I've seen a decent amount of parts on RockAuto.com too.
'12 Kizashi,'03 SV650,'04 DL1000
KuroNekko

This is basically what I do:
For maintenance parts, I go to rockauto.com and buy them there. I get my oil and filters from stores like Walmart, Autozone, etc.

For accessories, I got them online from former Suzuki dealers that sold parts online. They are getting rarer, but you can still find parts if you look carefully.

For genuine replacement parts, there are sites like suzukicarparts.com that sell OE and Kizashi-specific parts. The bad thing is that they are apparently full price like what you'd pay at a dealership. Searching ebay and amazon.com may yield parts too.

Just to reiterate what Ronzuki said: You're unlikely to have significant problems with real Suzuki vehicles like the Kizashi. They have admirable reliability and durability that rival Toyotas, Hondas, and Subarus in my opinion. If you take care of it decently with maintenance, you will unlikely experience any major problems, especially with the manual transmission model.

If you can negotiate a lower price on the car, I don't think you'll regret getting the Kizashi. In fact, it'll be a damn-nice first car.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

I'm worried about replacement parts in the future. It's hard to find things like strut/shock mounts, ball joints, tie rods etc.

Might have to ditch the car before things start breaking!
golftango

Folks, you do realize that Suzuki has to continue to make parts, or have a provision of parts for the Kizashi for 10 years after the last MY run (due to implied warranties.). So 2013 = 2023 parts should and will be readily available.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
nytq

golftango wrote:Folks, you do realize that Suzuki has to continue to make parts, or have a provision of parts for the Kizashi for 10 years after the last MY run (due to implied warranties.). So 2013 = 2023 parts should and will be readily available.
I don't think it will be an issue getting any part from the right suzuki parts place. The issue currently is and will only get worse is that most of these parts are no longer residing in the U.S. So while they will be more than happy to sell you something, it could take weeks for delivery.

They may have to support parts for some time, but they do not have to provide them at a reasonable cost or within any given time frame.

AND THAT IS THE ONLY ZUCKY PART OF THE SUZUKI.

I'm just hoping (and praying a bit) that nothing major fails until I'm ready to give up the car. Or it just dies of old age and mileage.

I'm close to 100K with no mechanical failure so I'm quite confident I will be able to ride out this cars years without anything too crazy.
2011 SE AWD PLATINUM SILVER W/RRM INTAKE AND CUSTOM CAT BACK
Jasper

of all the cars (mainly Japanese) I have ever owned or driven, NONE EVER had to have new strut/shock mounts, ball joints, tie rods etc. Some were 15 years old...
What do you guys do with your cars ?? ;)
Fritz2

Tell him about the goat paths, Weshoot. He needs to know.
MissC89

OEM KIzashi parts are sold here, this is where i purchase all my parts www.monsterfactoryparts.com