tires, tires, tires...

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
kconklin33

I've had to put a new set on every summer season. Had whatever came stock in 2012, Kumho Ccsta asx's in 2013, Kumho Ecsta XS in 2014, and now Goodyear Efficient Grip. Can't seem to keep tires on it. Having lots of inner tire wear, yes I am lower than probably everyone on here, but I have my alignment done on a Hunter machine and even had asked to put a degree or so of positive camber to revert the issue but still having issues. My thought is these cars may be to heavy for a W or Z rated tire. Any suggestions? Help save my wallet.
kconklin33

Should have mentioned I run my stock steelies with studded snow tires in the winter.
Woodie

fjroman2 wrote:UGH! I know the OEM rims are like $600-$700 a piece...but the guy at the shop said he can get me an after market replacement now for $260. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that you should type Kizashi wheel into your google and see if it doesn't report that many places will sell you a wheel for $200. If your guy is marking it up $50, that's reasonable.

http://www.wheelsandcaps.com/c-2283-oem ... zashi.aspx
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
Woodie

kconklin33 wrote:I've had to put a new set on every summer season. Had whatever came stock in 2012, Kumho Ccsta asx's in 2013, Kumho Ecsta XS in 2014, and now Goodyear Efficient Grip. Can't seem to keep tires on it.
What kind of miles are we talking about here? A summer season for me would be about 3,000 miles, for most people it would be 15,000. The Ecsta XS has a UTQG of 180, I would expect them to vaporize quickly, the Goodyear efficient grip is designed for fuel economy, not handling, maybe that one will do you better.
Having lots of inner tire wear, yes I am lower than probably everyone on here, but I have my alignment done on a Hunter machine and even had asked to put a degree or so of positive camber to revert the issue but still having issues. My thought is these cars may be to heavy for a W or Z rated tire. Any suggestions? Help save my wallet.
It doesn't make very much sense to buy a car for its handling, put high performance tires on it, and then lean them the wrong way so that they can't work properly. Besides, is camber adjustable on our cars?
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
chazyouwin

I have the Eagle LS2, purchased a couple of extra. Much lower price than the other available options. I think they corner a slight bit less well than the original Dunlops and they are not wearing badly at all. I use winter tires so that is my "rotaton."
2010 Kizashi SLS FWD Gray; 2013 Grand Vitara 4wd red; 2012 SX4 blue; 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV black

Previous: 2002 XL-7 Limited (2); 1992 Accord; '91 Volvo; '85 Toyota; '84 Celica; '73 Mercedes.
Fritz2

Get a good used one on ebay, shouldn't take a week to get to you. Buy used, not remanufactured. I've read that they can hide pretty significant damage on a remanufactured rim. Plus used are cheaper.
Fritz2

Kconklin33- my daughter had a 2001 Prelude that had been lowered with Tien coilovers. Ate two front tires every three months. It needed a special balljoint kit to straighten out the geometry. I'd like to lower my G37 an inch, but the same problem there, needs a special kit. Alignment alone won't solve that issue. Common cars like those have healthy aftermarket support for stuff like that, with the Kizzy you'll have to have that custom made.
yoshi2012

Nokian WRG3 hands down bestvall around tire in any weather condition. My Kizashi handles amazing. Using the 225 45/18 xl
eatrocks

my factory dunlops wore at 30kmi...i gotta make sure they do a fwd style rotation and not the bs 'awd' style. i bought some cheap fuzions for it....and of course get a giant screw in the front left after a month
Azure Gray 2012 Kiz SLS AWD CVT
2000 Honda Accord Coupe EX V6
1985 BMW 325e
1993 Subaru Impreza
Fritz2

Damn giant screws, I hate those things.