114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
KuroNekko

WESHOOT2 wrote: Both rear shocks are leaking
What's your plan for this? Are you getting the aftermarket KYBs or are you getting OEs through the Service Dealer?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Here's my plan right now:

-call insurance to get windshield fixed
-decide if I want brakes first http://brakeperformance.com/brake-rotor ... ke-kit.php
-consider the $188 GTS Sport OEM rear shock option
-consider the $50 KYB ain't-the-right-one option

WESHOOT2

Okay, windshield to be replaced Friday; cost $50.

Next step, think think think think think.........
KuroNekko

I'm curious to see if the KYBs perform like the OE if you go that route given the way you push your car. I know others have installed the KYBs and said there is a negligible difference, if any. I think performance driving will reveal the difference, if any.
Do you also have the revised bump stoppers handy in case you go with the KYBs?
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

I'm leaning correct shock, because I drive my Kizashi wildly. Whatever route I take will include the no-rot bump monkeys.

Although:

$50 X 2 = $100 plus install

vs

$188 X 2 = $376 plus install

Thatsalottadinar.
LPSISRL

Hey, here's an idea. Those of us who have to know can invest a possible $10 (or more) on the conclusion that WEHOOT2 comes to after putting in the KYBs. If they are as good as OEM, he saved a lot of money and so will we. If they are inferior and he needs to upgrade, those of us committed send him $10 via Paypal. The amount can be adjusted based on how many of us need to know so we're willing to pay. I'm interested. Anybody else will to put a few $$ in so that if you have to replace your shocks, you have some good data to base your decision on. Remember, you'll only have to pony up if WESHOOT2 puts in the KYBs, hates them and has to then put in the OEMs.
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

It might not be "hate"; it might instead be "ruined".... :mrgreen:

Plus, frankly, I am not enthused about any potential reduction in handling.
Sluggo

I was saving this KYB shock info for a separate post but since the subject has come up I'll put in my 2 cents worth. Car 2012 SLS AWD. Last year at 30,ooo miles I replaced the shock bump stops with the up grade. The shock rods already had some rust but I thought I might have caught it in time.

Last month at 36,000 miles I noticed the LR was starting to show early signs of leaking. No drips but the shock body was damp. I installed the KYB Excel-G 349141. I think they cost $94.00 from Rock Auto.
The new KYB shock feel fine. They were noticeable firmer then the OE shocks I removed. Now remember my original shocks were not that bad one was perfectly dry and the other was just starting to leak. Shocks do wear out without any external signs.

Judging the way these shocks feel I can't see where spending almost three times the amount of money for OE shocks would be worth it.
Last edited by Sluggo on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sluggo wrote:The new KYB shock feel fine. They were noticeable firmer then the OE shocks I removed. Now remember my original shocks were not that bad one was perfectly dry and the other was just starting to leak. Shocks do wear out without any external signs.

Judging the way these shocks feel I can't see where spending almost three times the amount of money for OE shocks would be worth it.
Good post, exactly what I was thinking.

I'm sure the difference is very subtle. I went a step further and spent the thirty minutes it takes to put them on myself. Saved another $100 and didn't have to worry about some monkey leaving bolts loose.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
WESHOOT2

I no longer work on my rides. The dealership that services my Kizashi (now only Mitsu) is wee, and all the service folks know me by name (and driving reputation :shock: ).
They're very good (to me) in the overall scheme of "dealer service".

That said, $50 per is kinda hard to argue with.......

I assume it's all the BIG air I grab that's blowin' out the suspenders.