114 days; Part II

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

I used to live in Lynchburg and vicinity, and Arlington, too.

I suggest you find some roads north and east of Roanoke for fun drives; get one of those state atlases that give you the less-beaten trails.
Then go crazy (I particularly like Rts 60 between Amherst and the 81, and the same thing on 501.
The 43 is a good choice, too.
golftango

Ronzuki wrote:I find the 87 octane fuel quality up in CT to be less than stellar. I've fill up at various Exxon and Mobile stations for the trips back to PA and my fuel economy goes waaay down compared to the trips from PA to CT. All on 87 octane. Multiple trips in the past year through all four seasons and two different vehicles (Kiz & Jeep). Many times loaded with cargo on the way up and empty on the way home to boot. Same story every time, MPG normal going up to CT w/ PA gas from Turkey Hill...crap on the way back w/ CT gas from Exxon/Mobile. If the same holds true for VT, I can easily see why WESHOOT runs the premium, regardless of what the car is designed for. Who's checking the octane value and ethanol content at the pump? You the consumer certainly can't. How much water is being sucked up out of the tanks (residual condensation) and run through your fuel system? You'll never know. But I can tell you for a fact it's more than you think, or would want.
But 87/89/93 all goes into the same tanks ;) So if we're talking residual condensation, octane level is a moot point.

This is why it's important to run Techron through the fuel system every couple of months to take care of moisture content, etc. I've never had any issues with bad gas in CT. Never.

You do realize that from PA to CT, you're mostly going downhill as CT is relatively low (avg 500 ft ele) and PA (avg 1,100 ft ele) a much higher elevation. Add the fact that the majority of surface winds travel west to east from PA to CT, you're fighting against the wind heading back to PA. All of these small factors play into MPG numbers ;)
Last edited by golftango on Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
WESHOOT2

(Techron is what Exxon/Mobil buys as their cleaning additive.)
DesRado

Good to know ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
2012 Platinum Silver Kizashi GTS, 6SP

BLyons

I don't know how any of you get those MPG numbers. I just had a tank that was almost all highway miles (average of 54 mph) and I barely broke 27 mpg.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
Triggerhappy

Easy. Drive under 70 mph, no jackrabbit starts, if you see a red light ahead, lift off the gas and coast, make sure your tires are at the right psi or a little more, don't carry stuff you don't need. I could probably get 33 mpg if I slow to 65 mph and accelerate slower than I usually do.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
KuroNekko

Triggerhappy wrote:Easy. Drive under 70 mph, no jackrabbit starts, if you see a red light ahead, lift off the gas and coast, make sure your tires are at the right psi or a little more, don't carry stuff you don't need. I could probably get 33 mpg if I slow to 65 mph and accelerate slower than I usually do.
This.
I have seen 34 MPG (miles/gallons, not computer read-out) in my 6 speed manual with these kinds of driving conditions.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

Ditto miles/gallons in excess of 34 MPG (except not with this one yet; haven't tried).

LPSISRL

Ronzuki wrote:I find the 87 octane fuel quality up in CT to be less than stellar. I've fill up at various Exxon and Mobile stations for the trips back to PA and my fuel economy goes waaay down compared to the trips from PA to CT. All on 87 octane. Multiple trips in the past year through all four seasons and two different vehicles (Kiz & Jeep). Many times loaded with cargo on the way up and empty on the way home to boot. Same story every time, MPG normal going up to CT w/ PA gas from Turkey Hill...crap on the way back w/ CT gas from Exxon/Mobile. If the same holds true for VT, I can easily see why WESHOOT runs the premium, regardless of what the car is designed for. Who's checking the octane value and ethanol content at the pump? You the consumer certainly can't. How much water is being sucked up out of the tanks (residual condensation) and run through your fuel system? You'll never know. But I can tell you for a fact it's more than you think, or would want.
Maybe driving from PA to CT is generally downhill and generally uphill the way back? Driving style different just like going to work and coming home from work. Return trips you just want to get home!
2011 Kizashi SLS CVT (silver)
2005 Honda Odyssey
Priors:
2009 Suzuki SX4 Cross AWD 5-speed Tech package (vapor metallic blue)
WESHOOT2

I really love youse guys.

I found info on programming my soon-new TPMS sensors, rear shock fixin', and wheel/tire/brakes discussions that add to my knowledge base, and help me make better-informed decisions.

So thanks, all.

I printed out a crap-ton of K-stuff today.