TPMS service

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
newworld2004

I noticed low tire pressure alert, when I removed cap, part of valve stem cam off, so I took to nearest tire shop and my sensor was replaced, however TPMS SERVICES light came on, do I need to take it to dealer or is there another way to reset it.

thx
2010 Dark Blue SLS FWD CVT
1998 Mitsubishi Montero Winter Package
1994 Soft-Top Samurai Sold
1993 Isuzu Trooper 2DR Sold
MissC89

did you check the air in the other tires.
Ronzuki

search dealerless TPMS by SamirD and you'll find a very detailed How-To without a scan tool or the dealer.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
newworld2004

Thx Ronzuki, I will search for it.
Ronzuki

Your welcome. I just saw in your sig you sold a 94 Samurai. Why would you want to do that!? I'd almost kill for a last full model year rare bird.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
newworld2004

I could not get it to pass inspection, I had to do engine rebuilt and it was costly at the time. I wish I had kept it. they are very capable little 4x4.
newworld2004

do I need to purchase SCAN tool in order to do below steps , I have taken this from SAMIR D posts.
Yes you have. You'll be able to do this as I have without any dealership. 8-)

Procedure for getting the car into relearn mode:
1) Inflate tires to pressure on door frame placard
2) Turn ignition ON
3) Press driver’s door frame switch for interior light for 4 seconds and release
4) Press switch again for 4 seconds and release
5) Press switch again for 7 seconds and release
6) If successful the TPMS symbol next to the speedometer needle will begin blinking in a series of two quick flashes. The yellow exclamation point (!) light will go out if the "Service TPMS" message was previously displayed.
7) Quickly scan the LF, RF, RR, LR wheels in that order.
8) After last scan the TPMS symbol will stay on for 5 seconds and then go off

This was a copy from another forum user's post. I can't seem to find the instructions I posted right out of the service manual. :(

So to answer your question, it is the 'on' mode as listed in step 2. Just be sure your foot is not on the brake or you'll start the car and have to start over again.

All doors need to be closed.

At the start of relearn mode, it will flash just about once per second. Once you register a sensor, the light will flash quickly the number of sensors left. So if it's flashing once a second, then you trigger a sensor, it will have three quick flashes in a second, then another three quick flashes in a second. Each time you register another sensor, it counts down. So it will be two flashes in a second once you have two sensors registered, etc.

I'm not sure what your question is about tpms signal. If you can post a link to the original post, I'll re-read it and see if I can make any sense of it for you. If you mean tpms symbol, it's the triangle.

Good luck and definitely reply back. I'm always happy to help someone else get their tpms relearned.
BLyons

There's another post later in that same topic that has steps to do it without a scan tool. The steps are the same until step 7. Rather than scanning the wheels, you have to release about 5 psi from tire. This will trigger the sensors so the car relearns them. Just remember that you only have 180 seconds total to complete that step.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD
newworld2004

Thank you find it, basically put the car in relearn then drop the air to 5-10 lbs, my questions doesn't matter if I don't have Suzuki sensors? because I don't.

here are steps to put the car in relearn per SAMIR D:
" Have the fob in your pocket
- Open the car and sit in the drivers seat. Close the door. Make sure all doors are closed.
- Push the start button twice to get it to acc mode. Keep your foot off the brake or you'll start the car.
- Within 5 seconds of seeing ACC on the dash, open the driver's side door and reach to your left to find the driver's side door plunger switch. Press it and hold for 2 seonds. I've found using the dome light as a good indicator as to when the switch was depressed.
- Release after pressing for 2 seconds, and then do it again for 2 seconds.
- Release after pressing for 2 seconds, and then do it again for 4 seconds.
- When you release it this time, you'll see the tpms light start to flash slowly (about once a second). If not, start at the begining after turning the car off".

once it is in relearn mode start with drop the air to 5-10 lbs each tire, until all tire registered then add more air. please confirm.

thx all.
Last edited by newworld2004 on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLyons

It shouldn't. Someone else was able to do it with aftermarket sensors.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD