Excessive rear brake wear?

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
bmw&kizzyownr

Sluggo wrote:Regarding the Akebono pads that are original equipment on the Kizashi I don't know if they are the ProActs or a pad made specifically for the Kizashi. I do know that often manufacturers use parts that are not the same as aftermarket replacement parts.
I've always found it odd that Suzuki made such a big deal about the " Akebono Brake Components" when only the pads are Akebono but the calipers are made by Nissin. After most brake jobs the Akebonos are going away but the Nissin parts will remain with the car most likely forever.
Well said and good point!
Juan

My 2012 SLS AWD rear brakes wore out at 35k, but only the rear driver side wore completely out to the point that started to eat at the rotor. I was surprised, ended up replacing the rear pads and rotors with Napa parts. My front ones are pulsating at 48k... will be changing those too soon.
hillji

Just did my rear pads/rotors - 60, 000 km (28,000 miles) . It was metal on metal on one side, fronts still have I would guess around 10, 000 miles left. Caught me off guard because I've never seen the rears wear out faster on any car I've owned before. Used NAPA parts ..we'll see how these last.
hillji

Sorry , previous post should read 38,000 miles