turn off tpms

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
zurazuzi

pleasee tell me how turn off tpms
i dont need repleace sensor i need turn off tpms

thanks
Woodie

Everyone wants to know that, it's an annoyance that costs you money, thanks again government.

Doubt very much if that can be done, it's tied in with the ABS, Traction Control, and Stability Control.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
kconklin33

I've heard of alternatives although they still require the sensors. My wheels I had previously had valve stems in the center of the wheel so the sensor couldn't physically be mounted. I've done some research and found that if you take a pvc pipe, mount the 4 sensors in it, silicone the seals, cap it off and pressurize it that'll work. Also heard of taking a wheel barrel wheel and mounting 4 sensors in that as well. I'm next to positive you're not going to get around not having them at all. I haven't had them in for over a year now, the yellow light doesn't bother me anymore and you can hold the menu and trip button to flash the screen white so you can still view gas mileage etc...
Fritz2

Damn, that's all you had to do? That was THE most annoying part of the car, the giant yellow takeover of the dash. Wish I had known how to turn it off when I had the car. Most cars have a small separate yellow symbol that isn't so distracting.
CG1

I don't think the 'pipe bomb' method will work on our car. I have all 4 of mine in the spare tire, inflated to the recommended pressure for the 4 regular tires .. and the system is NOT coming out of alarm. I suspect our TPMS sensors have an accelerometer in them that needs triggered so that the sensors wake up. If true, they'd then need to be located in something that moves a bit more than a spare. I have had my system come out of error for a few minutes every coupla weeks, but I can't tie that to any repeatable event.

To date, I do not believe our TMPS system has been defeated by an owner. There is a deep thread on rematching sensors, and cloning additional sensors, but nothing posted in it seems to have made any progress on defeating the system altogether.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2764
Remav

My stock wheels & TPMS have no issues. I just purchased snow tires & new rims/sensors & can't keep the TPMS off. I noticed that one time the light was blinking one blink, the next time it was two blinks. Is there a chart to decode?
Image2011 Sport SLS Navi AWD, White Water Pearl ...in Beautiful Colorado
SamirD

Sorry I'm a bit late to this thread, but I can answer quite a few questions about the TPMS system as I know it like the back of my hand.

First, defeating it would require something like a Canadian ecu or modifications of your ecu in the same manner that the Canadian one comes from the factory--the Canadian model of the Kizashi does not look for TPMS sensors. So there is a way to do it, but no one has even tried this yet.

Secondly, there is no way to defeat the sensors by installing them in another tire, etc. The sensors are activated by three different methods--a pressure drop of 5psi or more, rotational speed of 5mph or more, or by a tpms triggering tool. If the car does not find all 4 signals within about 10 minutes of driving, it will cause the system to display the error message until the condition changes or the sensors are re-learned. The pressure drop spec is what led to the tool-less tpms relearn method posted in my tpms thread.

Thirdly, with the tpms sensors now readily available on ebay with a whole set going for as much as a single one was back in the day, and with a quick 5-minute relearn process available, the effort to defeat the system is actually much more than to just use it. Yes, it is annoying to deal with it in the first place if you check your tire pressures like you should, but it's not that bad anymore and having a system in place to alert you of a quick drop in pressure definitely doesn't hurt.
Triggerhappy

My car had a service tpms warning on the display last night. Went out to look for a flat but didn't see a flat. Kept driving and message went away. This morning, my tire pressures were around 46-48. Could that have set off the warning? I lowered them to 44.
152k miles - niece drives it now
2017 Prius Prime - about 65 mpg factoring in electricity cost
2018 Pacifica Hybrid - wife's
SamirD

Triggerhappy wrote:Mycarhad a service tpms warning on the display last night. Went out to look for a flat but didn't see a flat. Kept driving and message went away. This morning, my tire pressures were around 46-48. Could that have set off the warning? I lowered them to 44.
Absolutely. Low or high pressure both can trigger the error conditions. The wife has ran into it this year as the temps getc
SamirD

As the temps have gotten colder.