have I made a mistake

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
WESHOOT2

I mean ONE set of rotors/pads, ONE set of plugs, BOTH headlight bulbs, FOUR rear license plate bulbs, and TWO keyfob batteries.
And some fluids, and three air filters.

And tires, lotsa tires.....
pakizzie2015

Hey WESHOOT2. I followed your trek with the first kizashi. amazing is about the best term I can use .. I probably will never need to drive like you do LOL. But I have read so much on this forum to scare me. . People have been very nice to me here to let me relax a bit. but I still don't understand this CVT issue that I am reading about them overheating .. aren't they like a regular auto with the lines running into a cooler on the radiator.. Sorry for sounding so ignorant about things but I come from stick shifts and regular automatics.. and I realize it is covered for 7 years 100.000 miles but I have never had trouble with any automatic that I have had or manual. However I was beginning to get slipping on my explorer which had over 110.000 miles but only when it was really hot out.
KuroNekko

pakizzie2015 wrote: you mentioned about keeping the CVT cool. isn't there fluid running from radiator to the cvt to keep it cool like in a regular automatic.. the temp reading on the dash seems to be in the normal range. and the fan does come on if needed I have heard it. To be honest I have been very nervous driving it for fear of something going wrong. but after reading your posts I will start to enjoy it. oh and yes, the DEER. they are everywhere at this time of year and I drive as very carefully in areas I know they are.. HIGH BEAMS all the way if I have to.
Yes, the CVT has its own dedicated radiator to cool it. From reading the posts on CVT issues, some experience a whining noise when the car is pushed and the CVT likely overheated. It comes about from driving on very hot days and/or driving up mountains and steep grades. However, it's pretty rare and only seems to happen when the car is pushed by most accounts. Another frequent complaint is the fuel economy of the CVT models. It can dip significantly below EPA estimates while the manuals stay more true to them. However, fuel efficiency is most dependent on driving conditions so frequent city traffic, aggressive driving, and snow driving can all decrease fuel efficiency to below expectations.

I really wouldn't treat this car like some fragile, unreliable thing. It's quite dependable so just enjoy it. If you just pay attention to the car and maintain it, it should be fine even with the CVT. There are many members near or above 100,000 miles in their CVT models with little to no problems with their cars. Real Suzukis are pretty durable and are made in Japan. The Kizashi is no exception and is a rather solid car.

Also, keep in mind the AWD is exclusive to the CVT models and should be impressive in the snow. Mine is a black GTS too but is a 6 speed manual and these are only FWD.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
pakizzie2015

I thank you again for that. I will just calm down and enjoy it!. sorry for being a pain in the butt . I enjoy the info and will do my best to just drive normal and not worry so much.. in the summer if it gets really hot out I will take my time and not push it. it would be mostly on highway going to the jersey shore. I want my friends there to check it out. it is really sharp looking in black . and I am going to get to that 100,000 miles or better. with all your help and guidance
KuroNekko

pakizzie2015 wrote:I thank you again for that. I will just calm down and enjoy it!. sorry for being a pain in the butt . I enjoy the info and will do my best to just drive normal and not worry so much.. in the summer if it gets really hot out I will take my time and not push it. it would be mostly on highway going to the jersey shore. I want my friends there to check it out. it is really sharp looking in black . and I am going to get to that 100,000 miles or better. with all your help and guidance
No problem.
Given the brand left the US and the Kizashi is a rare car, it's understandable that one would have reservations about it. I recall back in 2012 when American Suzuki Motor Corp announced bankruptcy and Suzuki leaving the US market, some members here got rid of their cars. In the end, the car itself is quite good and relatively low on the problematic scale so I think it makes for a good car to own. I also think becoming a regular member here is quite beneficial because we often talk about the Kizashi and you'll get a heads-up on issues and how to deal with them. The car is also relatively easy to do maintenance and repairs (except for the headlight bulbs) and the DIY section is helpful.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
WESHOOT2

My second one is so far proving itself equally durable because I am heavily snot-pounding this one. I've snot-pounded 16,358 miles since I bought it this July 21st.
Ronzuki

I plan to drive mine until the wheels fall off (or some DB totals it), thoroughly enjoy every minute behind the wheel :drive: saddened only by the thought I'll never be able to replace it with another new one :( .

Honestly, I consider myself extremely fortunate to have owned and driven one. Mistake? Definitely not.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
Marcov71

I was kind of feeling the same way. I'm not worried about the car mechanically. This is my fourth Suzuki and they are built like Tanks!! I'm more concerned about the availability of cosmetic parts if I were to ever get into a fender bender. I did think about tho when I purchased the car in August. But I liked the car so much, I convinced myself nothing would ever happen. LOL Now, everytime I see a deer on the side of the road, my heart skips a beat!! Lol
2012 Kizashi CVT AWD/ w paint chips :shock:
Orange County/Brooklyn NY
Fritz2

Remember the vast majority of owners have no problems with their kizashi,it just seems like a large problem because the small amount of owners with a problem seek out this forum (as they should), making it seem like a tragedy. All forums have this magnifying effect, I would think.
Moto
Site Admin

I'm on quite a few car forums and I run a couple of others beside this one. The Kizashi is very solid budget choice(far better than most competitors). I still haven't owned one, but it is on my list. The Kizashi is still more expensive than most subarus in my area.