I dont see any volunteers on here but....I am a firefighter

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
fyrbry25

I know I am a new member, and I definitely missed the boat on all of the happenings with Suzuki actually have dealerships in the US for sales and support, but the car is great.

Now the reason for this post is because I am a volunteer firefighter and will be posting pics for anyone that wants to see of the emergency lights that I am installing and how I plan to do it.

I started tonight with mounting two amber and blue led lights to the back deck lip of the trunk on either side of the license plate lights. I plan to run the wires to my switch box that is hidden in the arm rest and will tap into the aux outlet in that location. I ran the wires for the rear lights through the whole for the camera mount, since I don't have the camera, I drilled a whole into the "plug" that Suzuki put in place and ran the wires through there.

I will be mounting leds on the front as well and will follow up with that information and how and where I ran wiring for them as I complete each step.

thank you for your time, this forum has already been immensely helpful and I have only owned the car a week, and it has 58,000 miles on it.

thank you,

Bryan
WESHOOT2

Congratulations.

We love pics.
KuroNekko

Pictures of the installation would be cool to see. Thanks for also being a volunteer firefighter. I was just in Santa Clarita, CA two weeks ago and now they are engulfed in a raging wildfire that threatens my girlfriend's family's home.
I've also personally lost a home back in 2003 to a wild fire in the San Bernardino Mountains in CA. It was this fire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Fire
Southern California is a powder keg for wild fires but I know the firefighters work very hard to contain it to protect property and lives.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
fyrbry25

WESHOOT2 wrote:Congratulations.

We love pics.
What size do pics need to be, I tried to put a pic up of my new car the other day and said file to big?

Thank you all for any and all help...now and in the future.

Bryan
fyrbry25

KuroNekko wrote:Pictures of the installation would be cool to see. Thanks for also being a volunteer firefighter. I was just in Santa Clarita, CA two weeks ago and now they are engulfed in a raging wildfire that threatens my girlfriend's family's home.
I've also personally lost a home back in 2003 to a wild fire in the San Bernardino Mountains in CA. It was this fire: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Fire
Southern California is a powder keg for wild fires but I know the firefighters work very hard to contain it to protect property and lives.
Thank you for the kind words, we dont have anywhere near the wildfire problems CA does in PA, but it is still hard work and lots of hours of training, sorry you had to see if first hand in the your loss.

thank you again for the reply,

Bryan
fyrbry25

fyrbry25 wrote:I started tonight with mounting two amber and blue led lights to the back deck lip of the trunk on either side of the license plate lights. I plan to run the wires to my switch box that is hidden in the arm rest and will tap into the aux outlet in that location. I ran the wires for the rear lights through the whole for the camera mount, since I don't have the camera, I drilled a whole into the "plug" that Suzuki put in place and ran the wires through there.

I will be mounting leds on the front as well and will follow up with that information and how and where I ran wiring for them as I complete each step.

thank you for your time, this forum has already been immensely helpful and I have only owned the car a week, and it has 58,000 miles on it.

thank you,

Bryan
Here is a picture of the back of my car, this is the only lighting needed, I will post video once it is wired this weekend. I am also including a picture of the switchbox that will be mounted in the arm rest, if all goes well, the wiring should all be hidden and professional looking....either way it will be functional, I know some of you on here have been really critical of clean/not clean installs and I will do my best.

Bryan
Attachments
switchbox.jpg
switchbox.jpg (63.47 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
kiztail-ghosts.jpg
kiztail-ghosts.jpg (102.99 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
fyrbry25

Ok, so here goes, this is my first time doing an install like this on a car I just bought, and writing it up and posting pictures....the main idea is that I wanted to put my emergency lights on the car with out having anything visible while sitting in the car. So in the end we connected all the wiring, but to explain it better, I will follow the wiring from beginning to end result for two of the three tasks.

First figure out where to connect wiring and run wires to passenger cabin area:
power to swtichbox in armrest and ground to box, and front lights.jpg
power to swtichbox in armrest and ground to box, and front lights.jpg (209.99 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
Then run wires in between hood and door, as shown
onlywiresvisible.jpg
onlywiresvisible.jpg (163.44 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
go under weather stripping but not at the bottom where water would gather and enter the car
wiresfromunderhood.jpg
wiresfromunderhood.jpg (279.72 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
Then hide wires under dash
hiding wires.jpg
hiding wires.jpg (201.87 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
and hide them further away from pedals so not to interfere with driving
hiding wires 2.jpg
hiding wires 2.jpg (174.81 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
then run wires to center console with armrest as shown
wires come in next to seat to ebrake area.jpg
wires come in next to seat to ebrake area.jpg (95.27 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
drill hole in front side of armrest from location of cup holder
switchbox w hole drilled.jpg
switchbox w hole drilled.jpg (123.69 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
then connect all the wires under where the cup holder goes
splicing n crimping.jpg
splicing n crimping.jpg (188.96 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
connecting switchbox.jpg
connecting switchbox.jpg (114.89 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
wiring that sits under cup holder.jpg
wiring that sits under cup holder.jpg (179.12 KiB) Viewed 6580 times
to be continued.....

fyrbry25
fyrbry25

Hi again, to continue my complete my first task, all i needed to do was check that the switchbox worked and reassemble everything....this is how it looked while everything was being connected:
teardown before routing wires.jpg
teardown before routing wires.jpg (149.97 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Here is the final product of the switchbox install:

switchbox installed and live-part one done.jpg
switchbox installed and live-part one done.jpg (152.88 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
NOw onto the fun part, step 2 the lights:

First thing we did was remove the bumper, completely....
part two-step one remove bumper.jpg
part two-step one remove bumper.jpg (271.91 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Then we removed the chrome looking S grill and used the black plastic grill behind it to mount the light. 4 blue emergency and while I was at it 2 white led driving (DRL like) lights
step 2-remove s grill and layout lights.jpg
step 2-remove s grill and layout lights.jpg (209.46 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
Once we decided where everything was going to sit and made sure it wouldnt be obscured by the license plate(s) or the chrome S on the from we wired then up to each other:
wiring up emergency lights.jpg
wiring up emergency lights.jpg (215.77 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
When all the front lights were mounted and wired, we tested them prior to reassembly:
front bumper wiring done, tested, now reassemble.jpg
front bumper wiring done, tested, now reassemble.jpg (225.34 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
always test prior to reassembly.jpg
always test prior to reassembly.jpg (91.45 KiB) Viewed 6579 times
thank you for your time, the finish product lit up in the next post...

fyrbry25
fyrbry25

Ok, here is the last post on this til the weekend, when I get done with the read lights.

Here is the finished product of the front light mounting that was done by my son and I over last weekend:
all lights mounted, but off.jpg
all lights mounted, but off.jpg (222.03 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
Here are the lower lights turned on (they will be used along with DRL that are OEM:
bright white leds.jpg
bright white leds.jpg (112.84 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
and a closeup of them:
bright white up close.jpg
bright white up close.jpg (129.58 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
Then I also mounted blue emergency (courtesy) lights that say (please move to the side if you dont mind):
behind grill blue 2 showing.jpg
behind grill blue 2 showing.jpg (63.33 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
behind grill all 4 blues showing.jpg
behind grill all 4 blues showing.jpg (102.04 KiB) Viewed 6574 times
Now after all of that work and putting the bumper back on and fishing all the wiring through everywhere I just today decided that the OEM horn just doesnt cut it....So i guess I will be taking the bumper off again in the near future.

Thank you for your time, and please keep in mind that everything I have done is self taught and expanded use of the internet and forums like this. Thank you to all that contribute, I know that we have very unique cars and I for one am thankful for that, who wants to drive a camry or civic anyway, lol Everyone else on my commute has either those or prius(s) or is it Priusi?

fyrbry25
BLyons

Looks good. Agreed that the OEM horn sucks. I went with El Grande's.
After a couple times, taking the bumper off is a breeze.
Black 2011 Sport SLS AWD