Pull, Pull, pulling never stops.

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
NiteRider

Sounds to me like you had an opportunity to get this resolved with Suzuki directly under warranty and didn't take advantage. After 2 alignments, I would have contacted a Suzuki rep and have the rest of the car checked out, like the power steering.
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Dego

KuroNekko .

I was told by the dealership that if there were a problem with the power steering the car would throw a dash light and because there is no dash light that there is no problem.

As far as having an opportunity to have suzuki fix the problem I can't understand where you got that impression.
I was told over and over that it pulls because it pulls and there is nothing wrong. It was only after wearing through a brand new drivers side tire that I started to get my balls in a knot over this.

Anyone wanna take this off my hands? I would gladly sign it over for the 9k I own. Figured Id ask seeing how so many of you love this car and seem to have the answers. Im not joking, first 9k takes it. 55k miles brand new tires and rear suspension. Everything works.... you know unless you want to go straight with out steering.
KuroNekko

Dego wrote:KuroNekko .

I was told by the dealership that if there were a problem with the power steering the car would throw a dash light and because there is no dash light that there is no problem.

As far as having an opportunity to have suzuki fix the problem I can't understand where you got that impression.
I was told over and over that it pulls because it pulls and there is nothing wrong. It was only after wearing through a brand new drivers side tire that I started to get my balls in a knot over this.

Anyone wanna take this off my hands? I would gladly sign it over for the 9k I own. Figured Id ask seeing how so many of you love this car and seem to have the answers. Im not joking, first 9k takes it. 55k miles brand new tires and rear suspension. Everything works.... you know unless you want to go straight with out steering.
The light comes on when something malfunctions out of the normal operating condition. I'm saying your power steering unit was likely faulty since the day it was installed in the factory. In that case, you wouldn't have a malfunction light coming on but it would still be faulty. From what I gathered from you, you say this has been a persistent issue for as long as you've owned your car, right? This only adds to my theory, I think. Even damage from running over debris could damage the power steering components like the inner tie rods and you wouldn't necessarily get a warning light. I think Krell had this issue.

As for the claim by idiot mechanics that the pull is normal: Sorry, but you are dealing with incompetent people who simply aren't interested in fixing the problem. No car pulls just because. If that was the case with the Kizashi, you'd see all of us joining you in a class-action lawsuit against Suzuki. Instead, the majority of us are very satisfied with our Kizashis. I have more miles on mine than yours and haven't experienced any issues with the steering that an alignment job couldn't fix. You likely, and unfortunately, have a bad steering unit in your car. What I'm saying is that for this issue to be fixed, you need to go after replacing/fixing the right components instead of repeatedly dealing with independent shops that are only looking at the alignment and suspension. I think you've ruled that out more than adequately. These shops aren't qualified to be assessing the power steering rack of the Kizashi which is a bespoke Suzuki component.

Now I know you're frustrated with your car and probably with us here too, but I'm not sure what else we can say other than to look into the power steering rack. I completely understand if you'd rather dump the car which was something I was going to suggest as an alternative but refrained given the financing on your car. I've always bought my cars in full in cash so I'm not sure how complicated selling the car privately would be for you. My suggestion is not to trade in the Kizashi at a dealership but to try sell it yourself on Craigslist, Autotrader, Cars.com, etc. You'll likely get a lot more money and the cash to get another car or put a down payment on something new. That would be a lot smarter than trying to offload it onto someone here after complaining at length about its problems.
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
Ronzuki

Dego wrote: I was told by the dealership that if there were a problem with the power steering the car would throw a dash light and because there is no dash light that there is no problem.
Of course they did...'puter didn't tell the answer to the problem and how to fix it. :roll:

I've been swamped at work or I'd have fired up the old XP machine there to look in to the Suzuki FSM as to what it has to say regarding the steering system. Maybe one of the other guys here can look in to it for you.

Have you asked the experts if they've accessed the Suzuki OEM FSM to address your concerns? They (a Suzuki Service Center) should have online access to it right there. I'm not talking about All-Data either which is a "universal" online FSM so to speak that most garages use for all makes and models. My brother (ASE mechanic, works for a major Auto Auction here) tells me Suzuki released 'everything' to All-Data after they bailed. I call BS on a full comprehensive release of ALL information. All-Data is good, but for really difficult problems it's no substitute for a comprehensive factory information system. You should talk directly to the tech working on your problem and forget about talking to the useless middle-man service writer/advisor.

Sorry to say, you'd probably have a hard time getting 9 grand if it didn't go left.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
NiteRider

Wouldn't the Lemon Law come into effect at some point here?
'12 Kizzy GTS - Azure Gray
'10 Jeep Liberty
Dego

The last thing I want to do is sell this care to some unsuspecting person on Craigslist. I would rather sell with full disclose or trade it in.

I have an appointment for the "local" Kia dealer because they are the ones who preform the recall repairs for Suzuki in my state. It will cost me $110.00 but I will have them check the steering components. I have little faith that anything will come form the 4 hour round trip drive the $110 or the time spent there.

Its been too long and in MA the lemon law protects you from a car that won't pass state emissions or is unsafe. I can argue that the car is not safe because you can't keep it straight in the snow but it would be a battle. I am going to contact Carfax as this car had a car fax grantee but I feel I have missed my window for any recourse.
BlackK

I'm the original owner of a 2011 and it pulled to the left from the day I bought it. I replaced the tires 3 years in and the issue disappeared - Dunlops???
Woodie

Welcome to the forum BlackK.

Dego has replaced the tires. In fact, if he still had the original Dunlops on there at 55K miles he'd be the world record holder. Most of us replaced them at 20-25K.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency