New Rattle--Please call American Suzuki to report!

Anything related to the Kizashi can go here, but please look at the other headings first. Your topic may fit better under something else.
paininthenuts

Here is a wild guess. The Kizi like all Jap cars was designed as a right hand drive car. Could it possibly be the linkage required to make into a left hooker ?
luki_mkk

Well it does make sense. Can you give me some advice how to find it? I will ask the dealer for sure but I am wondering if I can check it by my self.
thx
Ronzuki

Have you tried driving the car with another, heavy (200-250lbs), person in the car's pass seat and driving over your sharp bumps? Even's out the weight distribution on the front suspension and may provide more fodder for you to present to the service guys. My brother has served that purpose for me from time to time. He clocks in at 240 and loads up the suspension of anything he climbs in to nicely. Helps narrow down suspension vs. 'other' sources of noises.

I don't recall from all the posts, but, have they replaced the lower control arm assembly/bushings yet? Many times you can't visually see a problem with spring and arm bushings, bolts, sleeves or mtg. holes until disassembled. It wouldn't surprise me if it were in that area based on what you've said they've done.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
luki_mkk

Ronzuki wrote:Have you tried driving the car with another, heavy (200-250lbs), person in the car's pass seat and driving over your sharp bumps? Even's out the weight distribution on the front suspension and may provide more fodder for you to present to the service guys. My brother has served that purpose for me from time to time. He clocks in at 240 and loads up the suspension of anything he climbs in to nicely. Helps narrow down suspension vs. 'other' sources of noises.

I don't recall from all the posts, but, have they replaced the lower control arm assembly/bushings yet? Many times you can't visually see a problem with spring and arm bushings, bolts, sleeves or mtg. holes until disassembled. It wouldn't surprise me if it were in that area based on what you've said they've done.
Hi thank you for your advices. Well today I had my exhaust and all of its mountings replaced. Unfortunately as I was expecting the noise still continues. The service guys are saying that they do no know what else should it be. When they lefted the car, they were trying to find the noise and were shaking and knocking on everything, while I was sitting in the car and the noise did not show at all. So thats why they are saying that those control arms bushings and so on (I do not know exactly how are those parts of the car mounted under called) are OK.
Now I really do not know what to say to them after all those replacements and visits in SUZUKI. Do I have to ask them to dissasembly all those bushings and everything? Its crazy because they are really trying and after all those visits in suzuki I seem to my self like crazy as the time goes.
Does anybody solved this problem ? Because as I saw here, more of you hada athis problem but I did not find nothing about somebody solving it.

thank you very much in advance
Lukas
golftango

Strange as it may sound, check for play in the brake pads in the caliper cradle. Sometime the pins and guides become worn/lose and the pad rattles.
2019 Kia Optima EX Premium
Instagram: golftango
luki_mkk

golftango wrote:Strange as it may sound, check for play in the brake pads in the caliper cradle. Sometime the pins and guides become worn/lose and the pad rattles.
Also checked twice...they put a vaseline or something on it to prevent the noise. It was the very first thing they tried, because this was the problem with sx4 if I remember well what they said. Did not help :(. Thank you anyway for your advice.

Is there anyone who has still this problem?

Lukas
Ronzuki

Honestly, if the noise isn't causing any issues other than sound, you might have to live with it until whatever is the cause rears its ugly head enough to cause other problems. My right front makes a 'grunt' every now and again when it's just me. With my brother sitting in the pass seat, never.
My car passes annual safety inspection w/ flying colors every year.

FYI, the front lower control arm/bushing/ball joint unit is a non-serviceable replacement assembly.
If they haven't replaced it, that would honestly be my first choice based on the noise I hear every so often in mine and the fact that every time I've had it aligned (4x now) the RF is always out a bit. Again, pointing to a suspension component. As the old adage goes (especially since I'm out of the warranty that would cover that)...if it ain't 'broke', don't fix it.

It could also be some part, or parts, of the top of the strut assembly (bearing, isolator,etc.). That noise would emanate from higher up I would think, but, we know how deceptive automotive noises can be.
Ron

2010 Kizashi GTS, CVT, iAWD (3/10 build date)
2011 SX4 Premium Hatch, CVT, iAWD (12/10 build date)
2018 Mazda CX-5 iAWD Touring
2014 Wrangler JKUW (GONE, traded :D :D )
1991 Samurai, 5-Speed, EFI, Soft-Top ( :| sold)
luki_mkk

Ronzuki wrote:Honestly, if the noise isn't causing any issues other than sound, you might have to live with it until whatever is the cause rears its ugly head enough to cause other problems. My right front makes a 'grunt' every now and again when it's just me. With my brother sitting in the pass seat, never.
My car passes annual safety inspection w/ flying colors every year.

FYI, the front lower control arm/bushing/ball joint unit is a non-serviceable replacement assembly.
If they haven't replaced it, that would honestly be my first choice based on the noise I hear every so often in mine and the fact that every time I've had it aligned (4x now) the RF is always out a bit. Again, pointing to a suspension component. As the old adage goes (especially since I'm out of the warranty that would cover that)...if it ain't 'broke', don't fix it.

It could also be some part, or parts, of the top of the strut assembly (bearing, isolator,etc.). That noise would emanate from higher up I would think, but, we know how deceptive automotive noises can be.
yeah unfortunatelly it seems that I really have to live with it :). I was so hurry because my warrianty is ending in 6 days so I gave it a try to fix it for free. A lot of things were changed on my car due to this problem and guys in Suzuki were great...well almost everytime.

Initially when I noticed this problem (maybe 4 or more months back) I went to suzuki and they put down the FR wheel. Looking for problem, and they thought that the brakes were the cause. Then...I was so happy they found it so quickly :) But the first ride showed they did not :). So I was driving kizashi for few days after the control trying to locate the noise for better explanation to the service guys. Suddenly a hard, totaly differend noise appeard from the FR side. Firstly I was ignoring it for fews seconds (I was like no, its a dream, it will go away :) ) but when the noise was getting louder every second I went to a parking lot and it was pretty loud in a slow speed either. I was so upset, went out of the car looking ot the wheel seeing nothing. I crouched and just catched one of the screws and I was spining it whit my bare hand. What the f? :) Went back to trunk and fetched the screw wrench and realised that all of them were getting really loose.

So my kizashi story could ended up more badly and always control your wheels after leaving the dealer :D

Lukas
paininthenuts

Ronzuki wrote: My right front makes a 'grunt' every now and again when it's just me. With my brother sitting in the pass seat, never.
Can I suggest a visit to your doctor :D :D
Woodie

A lot of things were changed on my car due to this problem and guys in Suzuki were great...well almost everytime.

Initially when I noticed this problem (maybe 4 or more months back) I went to suzuki and they put down the FR wheel. Looking for problem, and they thought that the brakes were the cause. Then...I was so happy they found it so quickly :) But the first ride showed they did not :). So I was driving kizashi for few days after the control trying to locate the noise for better explanation to the service guys. Suddenly a hard, totaly differend noise appeard from the FR side. Firstly I was ignoring it for fews seconds (I was like no, its a dream, it will go away :) ) but when the noise was getting louder every second I went to a parking lot and it was pretty loud in a slow speed either. I was so upset, went out of the car looking ot the wheel seeing nothing. I crouched and just catched one of the screws and I was spining it whit my bare hand. What the f? :) Went back to trunk and fetched the screw wrench and realised that all of them were getting really loose.
:facepalm:
You see, here's the problem. You've had the monkeys at the dealership tear into every part of your front end trying to find this minor annoyance, and they're such high quality mechanics that they don't tighten your lugnuts. It's far better to never have it looked at at all. This is why I do everything myself, if possible.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency