Anyone change out their horn on their Kizashi?

The Do It Yourself section is used provide assistance with mods and fixes. Whenever you are making a change to your car please take pictures and notes. Let others know what to watch out for and any useful tricks you learn. If you are starting a post in this section from scratch please hold it to a higher standard than you would for other forum posts. i.e. technical detail and even grammar.
Please post about issues or problems in the Technical Support & Problem Troubleshooting forum.
delusional29

After driving a 2000 Acura TL (with a great horn), I'm tiring of my puny Kizashi horn. Has anyone attempted to swap theirs out?

D
delusional29

Nevermind. Did a little Google-foo and found this topic: http://kizashiclub.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 4&start=10

D
KuroNekko

I agree that the one on the Kizashi is underwhelming. It's not that I use the horn much, but it does not seem to be adequate. I recall a time when I was driving at night on the freeway and a car nearby did not have its headlights on. I was trying to get the attention of the driver by flashing my lights behind her. When that failed to alert her, I went by her to pass but tried to get her attention by honking. She could not hear it and kept driving her car without lights while browsing her iPhone.
:facepalm:

I'm actually planning to also upgrade my horns. The Kizashi has two and they are easy to access. In fact, they are just behind the air dam by the fog lights (if you have them). In the dam, you will see a number of slits. The horns are behind the slits. You can easily get to them by removing the cover directly behind the bumper.
You can see both of the horns in this write-up.

http://www.kizashiclub.com/forum/viewto ... =32&t=2329
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
murcod

KuroNekko wrote: I was trying to get the attention of the driver by flashing my lights behind her. When that failed to alert her, I went by her to pass but tried to get her attention by honking. She could not hear it and kept driving her car without lights while browsing her iPhone.
:facepalm:
Perhaps she thought some psycho was about to try and kill her so was deliberately ignoring you? Seriously, if she didn't realise what you were trying to do you were probably freaking her out.... and she was trying to dial the cops rather than browsing Facebook! :lol:
David
Woodie

murcod wrote:Perhaps she thought
I think you're making an unjustified leap there.
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms
Should be a convenience store, not a government agency
KuroNekko

murcod wrote: Perhaps she thought some psycho was about to try and kill her so was deliberately ignoring you? Seriously, if she didn't realise what you were trying to do you were probably freaking her out.... and she was trying to dial the cops rather than browsing Facebook! :lol:
No, she was in her little world of "driving" obliviously while texting on her phone. It wasn't some rural lonely highway either. It was on the Balt/Wash which is a highway/freeway connecting Washington DC to Baltimore, Maryland. Not once did she glance over despite me high-beaming her and then driving next to her and honking. She did not even notice me at all. Her lack of attention is due to her being distracted by her phone. However, I'm sure she could not hear my horn either. This is why I'm thinking the Kizashi's horn is inadequate.

Woodie wrote:
murcod wrote:Perhaps she thought
I think you're making an unjustified leap there.
:lol:
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport GTS 6MT (Black)
bootymac

Here are the El Grandes horns from the other thread:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000DLBIG ... ot_redir=1

They don't cost a lot and seem very simple to install
delusional29

Yup. Installed the El Grande model and they sound perfect! Now I want to honk my horn at everything... Heh heh. I took pics on the install and I will document it when I have some more time on my hands.

D